"You wanna play like that, huh?"

*** Steamy scene warning ***

I wake up early the next morning, so that I have time to pack my things and leave before Nick wakes up. Leaving is the right decision, is it not? Sure, he's kind of a jerk and he plays with my feelings, but he is also kind and offered me a safe place when I needed one.

Am I being irrational? Ugh, I hate overthinking. I shake my head, and finish gathering my things. Walking over to the nightstand, I grab a piece of paper and a pen.

Ugh how do I even begin this? I've never had to write a goodbye letter before. I've never even had a goodbye before, actually. Not a permanent one. This is new and uncharted territory. I don't want to be harsh with him, but I don't want him to think I like him either.

Dear Nick,

I just want to start off saying thank you, and I'm sorry. Thank you for opening your home to me. Thank you for giving me a safe place to stay when I had nowhere else to go. Thank you for showing me what it is like to let loose and have fun sometimes. Thank you for showing me that I am capable of making my own choices, and for helping me find myself a little more. And thank you, Nick Simmons, for showing me exactly how I should not be treated. You let me stay with you when I could have ended up on the streets and for that I am eternally grateful. But you were also awful. You played me like a violin, and showed me that I should never expect anything from anyone. You showed me that trusting people, even if they're kind to you, is not a safe move. You treated me like you cared one minute, and you revealed your soft, heartful side to me. But in a second you changed, turned cold and emotionless. Even though you made me feel safe and protected, you treated my heart like a toy. Played with my emotions, touched me in ways I've never been touched, and made me feel things I never wanted to feel. I hope you grow up someday and realize that emotions are not outlets for your boredom. You can't just use them whenever you please. My emotions weren't yours to play with Nick. So thank you for everything you've done for me, but I'm sorry. I have to leave now before you consume me.

Sincerely, Nadine.

Sighing heavily, I rummage through the desk until I find an envelope, and safely tuck the letter inside. I use my best, or at least attempt to use my best handwriting to scrawl Nick's name on the letter.

"Shit!" I hear Nick exclaim from downstairs. Forgetting about my plan to leave before he woke, I rush downstairs as quick as I can. I hear him cursing right as I round the corner and see him shaking his hand rapidly, as if it was on fire.

"Are you okay?

"Yeah of course I -fuck!" I jump and quickly rush next to him, grabbing his hand. He burnt it, really bad. It's all red and is clearly starting to blister.

Only then do I notice the kitchen. There's practically a full course breakfast made, consisting of both waffles and pancakes, sausage, bacon, biscuits, hash browns, and scrambled cheesy eggs.

My mouth waters instantly at the sight.

"Give me your hand," I say to him, walking towards the sink.

"You don't need an excuse to touch me Nadine. This body is open for your touches twenty-four-seven." He smirks and butterflies swirl in my stomach. I really need to leave.

I don't even acknowledge that he spoke as I run his hand under the cold water, cringing when he flinches back in pain. I moisten a paper towel and wrap it around the freshly blistering region.

"Thank you," he tells me as he goes back to making the breakfast.

"What's all this for? I don't think I've seen you cook once and this is a lot of food."