Chapter 19-Movie Night & Mom Advice

Mia's POV

"How was your day? ", I asked as I sat down next to her on the couch. I had microwaved some popcorn because after a million years we were finally going to watch a movie together. I picked one that had become really famous on Netflix. It was called The Perfect Date and the Internet's boyfriend Noah Centineo was the male lead so I was content knowing I would get to stare at his face for the next hour and a half. I hoped it would be able to distract my mind from thinking about Jamie and what happened earlier in the day.
"I have to be honest love,it feels so great to be back,I missed it a lot", she smiled.
A genuine smile.
I couldn't help but smile back.
"I just want you to be happy ", I reminded her.
"You are the most selfless and kind soul in this world my angel", my mother put her arm around me.
I giggled a little because her touch was gentle and tickled my body.
" How is school? "
As soon as she asked that question I thought of Jamie. He was the highlight of my day, everyday.
"Is something wrong Mia?", she asked concerned.
" It's nothing ", I shook my head and reached for the remote. My mother put her hand out and stopped me before I could get to it.
" Whenever you say it's nothing it's always something. "
"Well honestly I don't even know what it is mom", I closed my eyes and covered my face with my right hand.
"Mia, I'm here angel", my mother moved my hand and intertwined hers with mine.
"I really like him", I managed to say biting on my bottom lip.
" I know you do, and it's clear that he really likes you, but what's the problem? "
"I don't know, I don't know if it's right", I mumbled.
" What makes you think it's wrong? "
"There's no reason for me to think it's wrong", I shrugged.
" Listen angel, when I met your father I didn't like him at all, I thought he was full of himself but somewhere and somehow I fell for his charming personality and kind nature. So you see
What I'm trying to make you understand is that love isn't really some fairytale or magical thing, sometimes it's simple and ordinary,but that doesn't make it any less stronger. No matter how it happens, love always finds a way to break through."