76 - Snowflakes & Sentiments

Jamie's Pov

The moonlight broke through her hair. We stood in the garden. Alone. I wanted to be alone when I spoke to her. So much was going through my mind. She was stunning. An angel. The dress that she wore came to her knees. It was red like a carnation. It was simple yet the way she looked illuninated the summer night. She wore no accessories except for a bracelet on her hand. The one she always wore. It was silver and had one pendent on it, a cross. Her hair was held up and strands decorated the sides of her face when they cascaded from the hair pins. Her silver strap shoes made her a little taller than she actually was and I thought that was cute.

"What's wrong?", Mia spoke with concern in her voice.

She smelled like raspberries and it intoxicated me when I breathed in.

"Damn, you look stunning",I shook my head.

"Jamie."

"Listen to me", I sighed as I reached into my coat pocket.

"I am",she assured me.

The flowers that made up the garden arrangement glistened but only because Mia was standing beside them.

I pulled out the chain from my pocket and held it up. The sliver chain dangled from my hand and revealed the pendent at the end of it.

"It's a snowflake."

"It's beautiful",Mia gasped.

"You're a snowflake,Mia."

"I'm overly sensitive?"

"No, not like that. You're unique and you're beautiful. There's no one like you", I started. "Ever since I met you it's like you..."

"-filled a void?",Mia spoke. "- because that's what you did for me, Jamie. Before I met you I was empty",she looked at me and I saw a tear appear at the corner of her eye.

"Mia", I took her hand in mine. My cold touch startled her but she didn't pull away.

"I love you and no matter what, no matter what happens in life I'll always love you", I squeezed her hand and let it go. I moved her body slightly and she turned around.

I placed the necklace around her gently as I admired her. She turned around and smiled at me.

"I love you."

"I want you to know that even if we're worlds apart, I'll always be with you. Don't ever feel alone. Don't ever feel empty because you're not, let me fill you up with my love, let me fill that void,Mia",I shook my head.

Mia's eyes were glassy and I felt her body shake slightly when I grabbed both her hands.

"You already did",she let out a breath.

"My life was tragic before I met you, I had no purpose. Now I know, now I know my purpose."

"What is that",she asked.

"I exist only to love you."

Mia kissed me. It was instantaneous and urgent but I welcomed it. Every time I kissed Mia I fell more and more in love with her, however I felt that in each moment I could not love her anymore than I did already.

The taste of her lips was sweet like a happy memory. I pulled her close to me and wrapped my hands around her. I wanted to live in that moment forever. I craved her the way a smoker craves nicotine. She was my nicotine. The feeling of her body made me want to hold her closer however that wasn't possible.

"Thank you for showing me what love really feels like",Mia whispered to me.

"You're my everything, and everything else is just everything else."

"Hey Mia",a voice shattered our moment into a billion tiny regretful pieces.

"Scott?",Mia looked ahead and I turned to see a buff guy with really good hair.

"Mr Stanley is calling you, I think they're about to start",the guy spoke from the entrance.

"I have to go, meet me inside",Mia turned to me as she wiped the tears from her eyes

"Go ahead",I smiled as I kissed her on the cheek and handed her a tissue from my pocket.

"Hey Scott,wait up", Mia said as she retreated from me and toward the guy after accepting my pocket tissue.

I sighed as I looked into the distance. I loved that girl so much. I could see myself spending the rest of my life with her. Putting a ring on her finger. Travelling the world with her. Settling down somewhere in Italy with her. Having children with her, maybe two and maybe even a dog.

My thoughts of our future were interrupted by the sound of my cell phone ringing.

I slipped it out of my pocket and answered it without really thinking.

"Hello?"

"Jamie, get to Cindy's now. Pack your stuff we're leaving to Philadelphia. Don't make your mother and I wait."