1.4 How to learn more about yourself pt.1

"In highschool, it is safe to say that you were not the most popular person ever, you had this one close friend who's name I can't exactly remember, but he was this Filipino kid who loved music. Anyway, you guys were like a package deal - never separating.

At the beginning, both of you were bullied by this guy called Rich - who's actually very nice, but we'll get too that. Now, what I'm going to say next might seem ridiculous, but it's the truth.

You told me after this that this all happened because you wanted to fit in and be cool. Partly so that you'd stop being bullied, but also because you wanted to impress this girl, Christine Canigula.

You also told me that the whole reason you signed up to this one play was because Christine signed up and you wanted to get closer with her.

Anyway, this one day, Rich - the guy I mentioned before, told you about how he suddenly became popular. It was all thanks to this supercomputer called a SQUIP.

It was basically this pill you swallowed which implanted a computer in your brain that told you what to do. In other words, it would help you become cool. I know, sounds ridiculous, right?
But you must've been pretty desperate, because you decided to give it a try.

It worked because suddenly, I began to notice you. It started when me and my best friend Brooke bumped into you at the mall. It was like you had suddenly changed and before I knew what was happening the next day at school everything changed.

Rich was suddenly cool with you, hanging out like you guys had been friends for years, which made others try hanging out with you too and you must've given everybody a good impression because you suddenly joined our 'popular' group.

Then you started going out with my friend Brooke, because that's what your SQUIP told you to do to boost your social ranking so you could have a chance with Christine.

I got jealous and a bunch of shit down went down at this Halloween party basically everybody went too and it ended with Rich burning down the house. You'd left before it happened though, so you didn't get hurt or anything.

The boy hosting the party did though, Jake, who broke his legs and Rich of course got hurt as well and was hospitalised.

Rich had been acting crazy at the party, asking for mountain dew red. It was weird. He wasn't even drunk or high, just running around like a lunatic. Which we then found out afterwards was because the SQUIP was practically driving him insane.

He wanted mountain dew red because that's what deactivates the SQUIP, he was trying to get it out of his head and burning down the house was just an attempt to kill himself.

The SQUIP had also been the reason he had been such a dick to you and your friend, telling him that's what he had to do to be cool. It even blocked out Rich realizing he was bisexual - which he found out afterwards of course.

Rich is such a sweetheart and has this lisp, you two were good friends after everything ended, so don't think he's some big dick because he bullied you before. That was the SQUIP's fault.

Anyway, back on track. There was this play that we were all in and basically during the play the SQUIP tried to squip the whole cast through you. You tried to back out last minute, but everything was fucked already. So don't blame yourself.

I don't remember much during the play, but I have managed to piece together a few details.

More or less what happened was we all got squipped during the play, but you were fighting back and trying to find a way to stop it. Then your friend I mentioned before came in and basically saved us all because he was super retro and had mountain dew red with him.

I think something went wrong, but I can't exactly remember what it was. What I do know though was that Christine ended up drinking the mountain dew red and it deactivated all of the SQUIPS.

We all woke up in hospital, but you woke up last. Then after you recovered we all helped you ask Christine out. She said yes and you guys were a couple for a year or so, but then broke up agreeing you were better of as friends.

We were friends in that time as well, but I don't really remember much from back then. I only remember the whole SQUIP incident because it was such a big thing that happened during high school, you know?"