Epilogue

I sat, watching my two best friends stand in front of each other, eyes full of love and wonder - ready for the future. The presence of my own boyfriend by my side making the smile on my face even wider.

The atmosphere in the room was warm, comfortable and brimming with joy as I watched Rich and Jake say those life changing words: 'I do.' 

It had been two years since amnesia gate - another nickname came up with by Rich - and I was happier than I could ever imagine. Michael and I had gone back to my apartment after I'd found him in the Philippines, moving in together.

Fleur had taken Michael's parent's old house in the Philippines, where she'd moved in with her boyfriend Dylan. It had been a long process, but it eventually had all worked out and I was more than content with how my life was going currently.

I was honestly very pleasantly surprised when Rich had asked me to be his best man, but I'd accepted regardless and - with the help of Michael's inputs - had come up with what I hoped would be the perfect best man speech.

I felt a tug at my shirt sleeve and noticed that the ceremony had finished and people were beginning to make their way out of the hall we were sat in. 

I glanced sideways at Michael, who was standing up and beginning to stretch. 

"That was cute and all, but I didn't realize how long we'd be sitting down for." He commented, smiling at me. "Come on, let's go and congratulate the Dillingers." He winked.

I remember Rich telling me that the reason they were taking Jake's last name was because he lost a bet - which really did sound like them. Rich and Jake did have a habit on betting on things, however, they'd refused to tell me exactly what the bet was - which honestly worried me.

I stood up and walked hand in hand with Michael into the room next door - which was a huge hall filled with tables and a open space - probably for dancing later on when we were all drunk out of our minds. 

Michael and I found our designated seats on the table with the pair themselves - I giggled after I noticed that the two had stuck all their relatives on two tables and their own table full with their close friends. That was definitely a Rich decision.

We took our seats next to Christine, Jenna, Brooke and Chloe - who were all already sat at the table. Rich and Jake soon joined us, beaming as they sat down. 

Rich's eyes fell on me, knowing this is the moment I would stand up - and I did. I stood, a glass in my hand and a supportive boyfriend by my side - watching Rich and Jake with a broad smile on my face. I cleared my throat.

"Ladies and gentleman, you will be glad to hear that I am the final obstacle between you and even more alcohol. I recognize my place here; a best man is similar to a dead body at a funeral. Of course you are expected to be there - but if you say too much then people freak out.

My journey to becoming best man was not exactly easy. To be fair to Rich, he did not have an easy task in picking a best man. The competition was fierce.