ch 34

In the fourth branch's Plum Courtyard, Wei Luo and Chang Hong came to see this child who was only their younger brother by name. To be honest, Wei Luo was unable to afford to have any good feelings towards this child. Without even mentioned his evil actions and corrupt moral character in her previous life, the mere fact that he was Du-shi's son was enough for her to dislike him.

But, this visit couldn't be helped. Wei Kun wanted them to come here, so they had to make a token appearance.

Wei Chang Mi was still small and his body was weak. Qin-shi had arranged for him to temporaily live with her in the same room.

After they had passed through the doorway, they saw a rosewood cradle in the main room. Qin-shi was next to the cradle and tucking Wei Chang Mi into baby clothes. Behind her, there were two wet nurses dressed in plum purple clothing.

Wei Luo walked forward. She raised her tiptoes to look inside the cradle. She only saw a small, thin child with a bright red face. His compacted facial features and thin body didn't look good at all.

Qin-shi smiled and gestured for Chang Hong to come closer. She held Chang Hong up so he could also see the child.

She asked, "What do you think? Does your younger brother look nice?"

The two little brats said in unison, "So ugly."

Qin-shi couldn't resist letting out a burst of laughter, then she rubbed their heads and patiently explained, "Your little brother is still young. Newly born children all look like this. He'll slowly look better in the future."

Wei Luo didn't say anything. Regardless of what Wei Chang Mi looked liked in the future, she wouldn't like him. He had a mother with an evil heart. Regardless if he was innocent or not, he was fated to not be liked.

Because the infant heard the sound of voices, he let out two cries for attention. It seemed like he had waken up. He rubbed his clenched fists against his cheeks, and then he slowly opened his eyes. His long and narrow eyes were very similar to Du-shi's. When he grew up, his eyes would look mean and harsh as if he was someone that would be difficult to get along with.

Right now, he looked at everyone with soft dark-colored eyes. His gaze stopped at Ah Luo and Chang Hong as if he was curious about them.

Ah Luo didn't like his gaze. She stretched out her hand to close them, but he gripped one of her fingers without any warning. Babbling, he brought her finger to his mouth and licked it! Wei Chang Mi put her thumb into his mouth.

Ah Luo was caught off guard and only widened her eyes in alarm. An infant's mouth was soft and wet and full of saliva. She quickly pulled her hand away.

Ah Luo shook her hand in distaste and said, "So disgusting..."

Wei Chang Mi didn't know he was being detested. He blinked his eyes and continued looking at Ah Luo.

Qin-shi started to laugh. As she laughed, she handed a handkerchief to Wei Luo to wipe her hand.

"It seems like Chang Mi really likes Ah Luo. He wants to eat your fingertip when he's only seen you once..."

Ah Luo showed an unhappy expression. How was this like? This was clearly malicious! He had covered her finger in saliva. So dirty.

As expected, this little fellow was like Du-shi in provoking dislike and disgust from others.

After Wei Luo finished wiping dry her finger, she retreated to the side. She wrinkled her little steamed bun face as she watched the wet nurse feed Wei Chang Mi. Although Wei Chang Mi was thin and small, he wasn't the slightest bit hesitant as he was sucking up milk. She saw him bury his whole face into the wet nurse's chest and drank with keen interest. He wasn't full from one side, so the wet nurse shifted him to the other side. He drank for a while on that side before he was full.