ch 87

This time, Zhao Jie had come here to see Duke Ying because of the engagement between Wei Luo and Count Zhong Yi's grandson.

An hour ago, he and Duke Ying were sitting inside a room and seemingly playing xiangqi (T/N: Chinese chess). In actuality, they were discussing business matters.

Zhao Jie took out a black chess piece from the chess box and put it in the center of the chessboard. His phoenix eyes were controlled and his bearing was calm. He slowly said, "Not long ago, this prince received some news. Presumably, Duke Ying also already knows."

Duke Ying Wei Zhang Chun nodded, then he closely followed behind by placing down a white chess piece. "Yes, I heard the news before Your Highness came back to the capital. How are Your Highness's injuries? Are they a significance hindrance?"

For Prince Jing to be wounded, it wasn't a trifling matter. In addition, since Zhao Jie didn't try to conceal this news, everyone in the capital knew that Zhao Jie had been seriously injured on the way back to the capital by the next day. Duke Ying had originally intended to go to Prince Jing's residence to see how he was doing. However, if Emperor Chong Zhen learned about this visit, he would become suspicious. So after thinking about it, he didn't have any alternatives and could only drop the idea of visiting.

The two of them didn't meet until today. Zhao Jie paid a visit to Duke Ying under the excuse of "coincidentally passing by and comparing notes on chess skills".

Zhao Jie wasn't hampered or anxious. He played around with a black chess piece by twisting it in his hand. A long time later, he finally said, "Does Duke Ying know who wanted to take this prince's life."

Wei Zhang Chun had previously thought about this question. Now that Zhao Jie was asking him, he pondered for a moment and said, "Could it be related to the sixth prince?"

At this juncture, the only person that would attack Zhao Jie was sixth prince Zhao Zhang. This time, when Zhao Jie went to Shanxi for the disaster relief, he had performed this assignment wonderfully. Emperor Chong Zhen would definitely praise him and bestow a reward. This result was undoubtedly dangerous to Zhao Zhang. Zhao Zhang harbored bad thoughts, so it wasn't impossible that he would take this opportunity to move against Zhao Jie.

Zhao Jie chuckled and didn't express an opinion. He put down the chess piece and said, "It is indeed related to him. Although old sixth's name was used, other people were behind this attack."

Zhao Jie understood Zhao Zhang too well. Zhao Zhang was small-minded. Unless, he was forced to a path of no retreat, he wouldn't be this impulsive and do something that would be easily found out. Mostly likely, he didn't order this and was only a spectator.

Wei Zhang Chun took off the cover on the teacup with a blue chrysanthemum petal design, drank a mouthful of tea, and asked, "Who is the prince referring to?"

He smiled and calmly said, "Prince Ru Yang Li Zhi Liang."

Prince Ru Yang was an impulsive person with a straightforward mind. To say it more harshly, he was a person that only had a matured body. His mind was simple. He must have heard that Li Song's broken wrist was related to Zhao Jie. Harboring resentment, he looked for an opportunity to avenge his son. Unfortunately, he didn't succeed. There were too many gaps in his plan. Zhao Jie had sent people to secretly investigate him and knew that he was definitely involved with this matter.

He had thought thirty to fifty people would be able to take Zhao Jie's life. He had underestimated Zhao Jie too much.

Hearing this, Wei Zhang Chun suddenly realized the truth. Instead of showing panic and fear, he bluntly asked, "How will the prince deal with him?"