ch 55

Ah Luo had eaten too much bitterness in her previous life. In this lifetime, her request was simple. She would be satisfied if the person treated her very very well. When she was in a helpless and distressed situation, he would step forward bravely and put her behind his body. He would keep her from bearing hardships and feeling hurt and wronged. He would satisfy all of her wants and be completely obedient to her... Now that she thought about it, her request didn't seem that simple. At the very least, expecting him to be completely obedient was making it a bit difficult for him.

Zhao Jie had just said, "Like the way that this prince treats you very well?"

Wei Luo couldn't help thinking about the previous years. Zhao Jie had treated her very well. His actions could be described as completely obedient and pandering to her every whim. But, Ah Luo had never considered him. She had always thought that they weren't traveling on the same path. No matter how well he treated her, she always though he had some hidden motive. For example, that time when he tied Li Song to a target to help her vent her anger, he had done it because of Prince Ru Yang and was just incidentally helping her.

Besides, the difference between their ages was too big. She had always called him "big brother" and in her heart she considered him as a big brother. She thought that he and Gao Dan Yang would be a good match for each other and had never thought of the possibility of him being her sweetheart, so how could she have any improper thoughts about him?

Ah Luo thought that he was joking. She curved her almond eyes and went along with his words, "He has to treat me better than big brother. He can't show an unhappy face in front of me or bully me." She paused and let go of his sleeve. Her thin lips smiled softly, "He can't be as old as big brother. It would be the best if he's only three or four years older than me."

Zhao Jie's expression was bit strange, "Am I really old?"

She exaggeratedly nodded and told him, "You're nine years older than me. My father had me and Chang Hong before he was twenty."

Zhao Jie, "..."

The girl didn't seem to understand his feelings and nonchalantly continued stabbing at his heart, "But big brother is very good-looking and doesn't seem like he's over twenty. When my daddy was young, he was also good-looking. But compared to you, he's immediately inferior in comparison."

She thought that she was comforting him. But in reality, her words were a shock to him.

She compared him to her daddy? So, he had this type of senior position in her heart? No wonder she remained ignorant and unmoved despite his hints. The most basic reason was because of this. She had never considered him that way, so how could he move her heart?

Zhao Jie closed his eyes. His movement in stroking her beauty mark became slower and slower and finally stopped. He wanted to use this opportunity to make his intentions clear, "This prince is twenty-two years old this year without a wife or concubine. Isn't it a little early for me to be a father?"

Wei Luo looked up. Her eyes were clear and her thoughts were honest, "Is it early? Why hasn't big brother married yet? You're not young anymore. Is the empress not anxious?"

The girl was actually completely serious as she asked about his marriage in concern. Her tone was the same as Empress Chen when she had interrogated him. How could Empress Chen not be anxious? From the time that he returned from Bin Zhou, every time that he entered the place, Empress Chen would ask about this for over an hour. It was okay if he didn't want to marry Gao Dan Yang. There were other girls from noble families that he could select from. But, he kept using various reasons to refuse her to the point that Empress Chen didn't want to see him anymore. She would only see him again once he was willing to marry.