ch 161

After Zhao Jie ordered Zhu Geng to prepare their carriage, he looped one arm behind Wei Luo's shoulders and the other arm underneath her legs and personally carried her out of the guest room.

There were still many people standing outside the guest room. After Marquis Guang Xin had hurriedly rushed here from the receiving room and found out that Wei Luo was pregnant, he had immediately grinned from ear to ear. He thought that even the heavens were helping him. After all Zhao Jie had found out about this joyful news here, he would definitely be more caring towards this household in the future because of what had happened today.

When Marquis Guang Xin saw Zhao Jie walking out of the guest room, he walked forward with a smile across his face and expressed good wishes, "Congratulations to Prince Jing and Princess Consort Jing."

Zhao Jie lowered his eyes to glance at him, but he didn't respond.

Marquis Guang Xin followed after him to try to curry favor and said, "I'll have someone prepare a carriage. Your Highness, please wait for a bit. The princess consort's body is very precious right now. We definitely have to be as careful as possible..."

"Marquis Guang Xin." Zhao Jie stopped walking. His chilly phoenix eyes turned to calmly look at Marquis Gaung Xin. "Your second son and his honored concubine worked together to bump into this prince's wife. Tell me, how should this prince deal with his matter?"

Marquis Guang Xin's smile stiffened. Faced with Zhao Jie's gaze, he gradually felt sweat running down his back. "This..." He turned his head to glance at Wei Bao Shan, who was standing in a corner. He didn't know where Chen Teng, that hoodlum, was hiding. When Marquis Guang Xin looked at Zhao Jie again and saw the killing intent that flashed through his gloomy and cold expression, his legs felt weak and he kneeled down to beg for mercy. "Your Highness, please spare him. My unfilial son was wrong for acting disrespectfully. This subject will definitely discipline him properly. Your Highness, please be merciful."

Zhao Jie's expression didn't change. He indifferently threw down these words, "Send him to Sheng Ji Barracks. This prince will personally discipline him."

It wasn't possible for Marquis Guang Xin to not know what kind of place Sheng Ji Barracks was. It was an important place where the imperial guards controlled the supply of weapons and also a place where Zhao Jie had complete control of the troops. There was also a dungeon specially set up to interrogate prisoners in Sheng Ji Barracks. Rumors said that the cruel torture that happened in this dungeon was comparable to purgatory. There had never been a prisoner that came out of that place alive. Painful screams could be heard from that dungeon every day. Once someone went to that place, it was better to die quickly than to try to survive.

As soon as Marquis Guang Xin heard Zhao Jie's words, he was shocked to the point that he couldn't coherently speak, "Y-Your Highness..." Although he blamed his second son for failing to live up to expectations, he wasn't willing to send him onto the path of death.

There wasn't the slightest hesitation in Zhao Jie's steps as he walked past Marquis Guang Xin. There didn't seem to be any leeway for discussing.

After Zhao Jie left, Marchioness Guang Xin wasn't able to continue standing. Her body crumpled to the ground.

Everyone was alarmed. They hurriedly went over to help her up, "Old Madam!"

The marquis's household was thrown into complete disorder.

---

After they returned home, Doctor Sun was summoned to the residence to examine Wei Luo's pulse again. There was negligible difference between Doctor Sun's words and the previous doctor's. He also wrote down a prescription for medicine that would help prevent miscarriage and strengthen the body. He left after congratulating Wei Luo and Zhao Jie several times.