ch 51

By the sixth day of the month, the snow and ice had melted and disappeared on Zhang Xun Mountain. Spring had arrived and everything was coming back to life. It was a good time to go hunting.

Jing He Villa was constructed at the top of Zhang Xun Mountain. At the foot of the mountain, there was a road that led directly to front of the villa. At this time, there were carriages after carriages parked on this road. Starting from early morning, the guests had been arriving one after another to the villa. The villa's steward was at the entrance to personally welcome the guests and orderly and properly arranged accommodations for them.

The area covered by Jing He Villa was expansive. The primary part of the villa was separated into two courtyards. The Rong Courtyard was for men and the Min Courtyard was for women.

Min Courtyard was divided into several smaller courtyards. Each courtyard had three open-space areas. The steward had analyzed everything thoroughly and arranged for five women to be staying in each smaller courtyard. These women were each assigned two servants girls to be at their side to serve them. When Wei Luo and Wei Zheng arrived, the steward assigned them to the inside of Xi Yan Courtyard. At this time, that courtyard already had three young women staying there. They were Liang Yu Rong, Song Hui's sister, Song Ru Wei, and Li Xiang.

(T/N: Below is the approximate layout of the smaller courtyards. Unlike the picture below, the courtyard they're staying in has sub-courtyards with its own gardens instead of only rooms that share the central courtyard spaces.

Ch 51 - Courtyard.jpeg

(T/N: If you look at the blue Chinese numbers in the picture below, it marks the three main open-space areas.)

Ch 51 - 3 open space.jpg

Wei Luo moved into the eastern courtyard and couldn't help thinking that this arrangement really complied with the saying that enemies and lovers were destined to meet.

The rooms inside the courtyard were bright and clean. The furniture had already been wiped free of dust. It wasn't necessary for the servant girls to do any further cleaning. Wei Luo sat on a kaiguang stool that was decorated with stylized blue flowers and had Jin Lu investigate which room Li Xi was staying in.

(T/N: Below is an image of kaiguang stools and table.)

Ch 51 - kaiguang stool.png

Soon, Jin Lu returned to room and answered, "Miss, Prince Ru Yang's daughter is staying in the Western room."

Wei Luo nodded. After she thought about it, she said, "Pay attention to the situation over there. To avoid being found out, don't be too obvious. If she does anything suspicious, tell me immediately."

Jin Lu nodded in agreement. Although she didn't know what Miss was planning, since Miss had ordered her, she would do her best.

This translation belongs to FuyuNeko. Please read from the original source, mew.

The hunting competition would officially begin early tomorrow morning. The young men had only come here in advance to get used to the environment, scout out the terrain in the mountain, and make a few marks for the trails in order to avoid getting lost. They didn't want to get lost tomorrow when the competition officially started and become laughing stocks.

Wei Luo hadn't sat down for a long time before Liang Yu Rong visited her.

Liang Yu Rong had come here with her older brother Liang Yu. Liang Yu was eighteen years old this year and had excellent martial arts skills. His physique was strong and muscular from studying martial arts for many years. He had been preparing for this year's hunting competition for a long time. To be exceptional and stand out in this year's competition, he had broken countless targets in home from practicing