Chapter 3•

• maybe it's better if we keep our distance, but that's impossible •

The rest of the day was just lessons, some which seemed to last a lifetime.

I was in economics class, which I actually did not mind, and there were only a couple of minutes left, so the teacher allowed us to pack up early because we were finished.

When the bell went, down people raced to get out of the classroom, I did not. Yes I wanted to get out of school, but I wasn't really one for running out of school at lights speed.

I went to my locker to put the book in that I didn't need tonight. Then, I made my way out of school and to my car. I wasn't just obsessed with my car for no reason. Yes it was good looking and smooth, but something about how it was so familiar seemed to calm me. It was like if I was homesick but I had my car, I would be okay, because at least I knew it.

I say down and started to drive away from the school. As I was leaving the gates, heavy rain started to pour. I swear it's supposed to be hot here! I turned my windscreen whispers on, only to be welcomed to the sight of Tom and Harrison walking grumpily in the rain.

I couldn't just leave them to walk to wherever they were going in this weather. I pulled up beside them and shouted for them to get in.

After speedily unlocking the doors, I let them in, Tom next to me, and Harrison in the middle seat at the back.

"God it's freezing out there!" Harrison exclaims.

"Why are you both walking? Didn't you tell me about your fancy jeep earlier Harrison?" He chuckles and I look at him through the mirror.

"We walked this morning. It's in for repairs." Tom shakes his head at this, but I don't miss the small smile that plays on his lips during this action.

"So where are you two going?" I realise that I may need to know where to go before I drive off. No sh** Sherlock.

"You can drop is at my house. This idiot forgot his keys again." Tom tells me.

"Okay."

I can't quite work out Tom. Whether he has done this on purpose or not, I'm not sure. But he doesn't talk that much, only to people he seems to care about. Which is understandable, I do the same. He had this bad boy vibe, and so does Harrison, yet Harrison is so cheerful.

Anyway, Tom gives me his address, and after a short 10 minute drive, we arrive at a large house. They get out after thanking me, and run into the house, attempting to shield themselves from the treacherous rain.

I started my car, but as soon as it started, the engine went off. This repeated 3 times, until I gave up and climbed out the small car. It's not like this hasn't happened before, the sky just wasn't having a temper tantrum in the past times.

I open the front of the car, and try to fix the problem. (lol I don't know anything about this so I'm guessing sorry)

My attempts all fail, which frustrates me, and I kick my foot on the floor. Real mature y/n. I continue to ty and rapidly fix my car, but nothing seems to be working. I'm now so frustrated, possibly because I'm soaking wet.

Suddenly though, the rain seems to stop pouring on me. I look around confused, as it is still raining turd floating levels. I look upwards, only to see that I'm under an umbrella. I turn to see Tom looking down at me.

"Hey, do you want to come inside?" He asks me, and o my surprise his words are warm and welcoming. He gets more confusing by the second.

"Yes please." I say thankfully but weakly.

We get inside, him holding the umbrella over me the whole time, and his free hand on my lower back, guiding me.

Harrison is waiting for us at the door, an unreadable expression on his face.

We walk into a kitchen, my trying my hardest not to drip water everywhere. I hadn't realised how cold I was until I had entered to heated house. I could feel myself shivering, and Tom seemed to notice as he handed me a dry t-shirt.

"You can get changed into this if you want. There's a bathroom down the hall to the left."

I'm sure my expression showed pure gratefulness as I walked from the kitchen to the bathroom.

The shirt was very big on me, it came down mid thigh. The perks of being short. It smelt of an expensive cologne and baby powder. (Toms actual scent).

I went back to Tom and Harrison, and sat on one of the island stools. Harrison was going on about how good his pancakes are, but when I looked at Tom, his stare was on me. I felt a blush crawling into my cheeks, and ace him a small smile before becoming sled conscious because of his burning gaze.

I pulled to t-shirt lower down my thighs, and shifted in my seat. Harrison went to chose us a movie, because apparently now I was 'cool enough' to watch one with them. That's what Harrison said. He was joking. I think.

Once he had left however, Tom stood up and walked towards me. "Do you want anything?" I shifted in my seat again, still feeling conscious about myself.

"No I'm fine thanks." I feel like I should feel awkward, but I don't.

"Are you okay?"

I gulp, "Oh yeah I'm fine. Why?"

"You keep twitching and shuffling around." Well that's not embarrassing AT ALL.

"Oh." Is all is all I say. I'm sure what he can read from the heat on my cheeks is enough.

"You look really good in my top." He comments after a moment of silence.

"Thanks, I'm sure you look good in it too?" What am I on about?

"No, you defiantly look much better." He smirks at me, and I chuckle.

"Yeah I'm not sure about that one."

"Trust me, you look amazing." He puts a warm hand on my thigh. Not for long though, as Harrison walks in, claiming he has chosen a movie.

Endgame, get ready for a river of tears, again.

Authors note:
So a little more int this chapter. Thank you for reading lovelies x