Chapter 11•

• I'll keep fighting for you •

"Wh... what is it?" My breathing is shaky and my palms are sweaty.

"He has 10 days left." My mum says, tears now streaming out her eyes.

"No they can't just cut him off!" I cry. Last year my brother fell into a coma. His stability kept varying over the months, and we were told that if he doesn't wake up within a year they will have to cut him off the machines.

I didn't know what to do. I felt completely and utterly sick. My whole world was crashing down before my own eyes. I loved my brother so much, I feel so helpless because he's an absolute angel.

"I'm going to see him." I declare. My parents don't answer, but when I leave the room I hear my a small part of there conversation.

"I can't lose my baby boy." My mum sobs.

I hear my dad cry, and there sobs are muffled, I'm guessing form hugging each other.

I gently close the front door and get to my car. I don't play any music this time. I have to keep wiping my eyes to keep my vision from blurring.

I drive to the hospital and sign in. I make my way to one of the long term wards.

He's stationed in a private room because his condition and state is too bad.

I quietly open the door, and when I see him laying there, unconscious, I just break down. I couldn't handle the weight. I stumble to his bed and fall onto my knees, crying an ocean.

"Wake up. Please wake up!" It would have been hard to make out my words through all the tears.

"Please Liam." I whisper.

Liam is not just my brother but my twin brother. We were always best friends. He was protective but he kept me safe for so long. It kills to know that I couldn't have saved him from this.

I stay with him for the rest of the night, sitting in silence and watching his heart monitor. Up and down, up and down. At least it's better than a straight line.

I didn't bring my phone with me, so I have no idea if my mum or dad have tried to get in touch with me, but I don't care. We are all going through immense pain, and I feel guilty but I can't talk to people at the moment.

I look at my watch to see that it's 6am. I didn't sleep at all last night. But I mean how could I?

Breaking the deadly silence is a gentle knock at the door. I expect it to be a nurse or doctor. Usually your not allowed to stay with the patient this long, but because of the circumstances, they've allowed me to stay here as long as I want.

I don't answer the door, even when there is another small knock. The person must have raised and just come in. I don't even turn around. I keep my eyes on the heart monitor.

I hear footsteps coming closer and closer to me, when a hand, much larger then my own, is placed on my shoulder.

"Y/n." It's Tom. He came here to see me. But still I can't say anything.

He moves a chair next to me and sits down. I can feel him watching me, but I still don't look away.

When he doesn't say anything, I finally get the courage to turn around and look at him. His gaze is also on the heart monitor, but then he looks at me.

My eyes were teary, and when he saw them he embraced me in a hug. My face we buried into his chest, as his arms tightly wrap around me. I can feel the water works coming again.

"I'm so sorry." Is all he says.

"So am I." I reply. I'm sorry that I couldn't save Liam. I'm sorry that I could help pay for treatments. I'm sorry that in 10 days he'll probably be gone forever. But I don't say any of this, the thoughts are just eating me up from inside to out.

"I brought you some spare clothes if you want to freshen up." He says after a long time of silence.

Surprising myself, I actually agree. He brought me leggings, a t-shirt and one of his jumpers.

I go to the bathrooms and change. When I come back, I hear Tom speaking. I wait outside the door and listen what he is saying.

"She's broken. And she was hiding it from everyone. That's why we need you to wake up. I know that you don't know me but she's in so much pain, and that hurts me. Please keep fighting. For her."

After hearing that I'm crying again.

I open the door and just collapse in Toms arms.

He just looks down at me and I see a tear fall from his eye. He wipes it quickly though.

"What did Liam like?" He asks once I've calmed down a bit.

"Music. Songs, before everything, we always listened to music and sung along." He nods, and I can see they an idea comes into his head.

He takes his phone and plays a song. He plays Separated, cover by Usher. (WARNING- the lyrics mean nothing for the story, the music just fits so don't worry)

He careful takes my hand and pulls me up. He puts my arms around his neck, and his hands go into my waist. I lean my head against his chest, and we slowly sway to the music. We just slowly dance through the whole song and it does something to me. I wasn't sure what exactly, but it gave me some sort of peace.

Tom just holds me.

With his support, I decide to go to school tomorrow, Liam would want me to.

After saying my goodbyes to him, we leave. But I promise to visit him everyday, and that's a promise I will never break.

Authors note:
:( thank you for reading lovelies x