Chapter 13•

• love isn't love without you •

"Tom! Got a doctor, somethings happening!" I shout as I run outside the room, pure panic taking over.

It's been 4 hours. 4 hours of sitting silently. 4 hours of tears and sobs. 4 hours of hell.

The doctor hasn't left Liam's room, a couple of nurses have come and gone but nothing else.

Every time someone walks past us they give us sympathetic smiles.

Haz called my parents and they are here, and now all five of us are sitting outside the door.

My mum is crying, while my dad holds her, trying to keep it together. I wish I could tell him that he doesn't have to, but I just can't.

Harrison is sitting with Tom, who is watching me worriedly as I pace up and down.

Step step step turn. Step step step turn. I continue this many times, until my vision is too blurry to walk, and my legs ache.

I sit down next to Tom, and he looks at me as I slightly turn my direction to him.

He wraps his arms around me and pulls me to his chest. I allow my crush to get a little louder because they will be muffled. His hand slowly and gently rubs circles around my back, in a comforting gesture.

"I know that this sounds pathetic, but do you need anything y/n?" Harrison quietly asks.

I just shake my head because if I talk I fear for the sound that will come out.

Haz stands up to go and get something for my mum and dad.

A couple of minutes after Haz has gone, the doctor comes out of the room.

This guy has a good poker face, I can't read anything from it.

"Mr and Mrs y/l/n?" My mum and dad stand up, but I'm already up.

"Yes." My dad answers.

"What happened in there was not good. When I got there I knew what would happen. But we couldn't give up on him. We gave our best efforts to keep his alive, and every time we would stop for a second, he would go back under." My mum lets out another cry.

"However, what happened, without going into detail, is that his body went into shock from something." He continues.

"This is my fault." I'm trying to stop myself from being sick all over the floor.

"Well, if you want to take the credit you can." The doctor says. I look at him in confusion and hurt.

"Because Liam is awake." He finally smiles at us, and puts a hand on my arm. "One if you can see him now, family only please."

"Thank you!" I cry out. I'm crying even more now, through relief though.

I nod for my mum and dad to go through, as it is there child they had almost lost for a year. I'll go in after them.

I'm smiling from ear to ear when I pull Tom in for the strongest hug ever. He holds me back. We pull away slightly, but still holding each other an I look up at him with watery eyes. I can't help but smile as I kiss him as if my life depended on it.