Chapter 5•

• we've all loved something, even if you don't know what that is yet •

Tom lowers Zack back to ground level, then gives him a good punch in the face, before Haz decides its time to pull him away. I have a feeling that Haz wanted to give Zack what he deserves, but didn't want his best mate to get into too much trouble if a teacher found out about this.

Zack walks cowards towards Tom who has been pulled next to me. As he does, Toms arm pushes me behind him, as if he is a barrier between Zack and I.

I can see the anger in Zack's eyes, and I know that he wants to beat up Tom. But he leaves me i shock when he walks past, a few of his jock friends following.

I look up at the guys with a grateful, yet likely shocked expression, but they don't look as surprised as me.

"Thank you." I place my hand on Toms upper arm.

"No problem." He simply answers. As the crowd that was around us begins to diffuse, we also walk out the cafeteria, and to my locker.

I know there is probably a logical explanation, but I can't help and ask, "why didn't he hit you?"

Tom looks down at me with confident eyes. "He wouldn't have stand a chance. Not to brag, but I am know to have a slight reputation." His voice comes out jokingly, but I can't help but believe that his words were very true.

After lunch, we all had a free period. I was planning on going to the library to finish my English essay. Tom and Haz seemed to not want to leave my side after what happened less than an hour ago, so they came with me.

We sat down at a long table near the back, Tom opposite me, Haz next me me, and Harry and Sam joined us, sitting on either side of Tom.

I walked around the library, familiarising myself with the set up, then I went and sat back down.

I took my already annotated book of Romeo and Juliet out, my notes and my essay, which I had begun. As I took the book out, I heard Haz chuckle beside me.

"You really do like reading don't you?" He says this a little too loudly, and a couple of people glare at us.

"Yep, no doubt about it." I grin at him.

I honestly did try to get on with my work. True, I was over half way, but with the guys constantly whispering about random things in my ear and to each other, it was practically an impossible task.

One minute they would be taking about food, and the next about a film they recently watched. I just couldn't concentrate. I did find it sweet how fast they would talk to each other, understanding what each other were saying, even if it made absolutely no sense to the rest of the world. The bus friendship reminded me of Z and I.

I missed her, but at leats she wasn't too far away, and we were going out on Saturday!

We ended up leaving the library, and leaving leaving school early. It didn't matter because we had a few period, as long as we signed out.

I didn't really want to go home. No one was there, and I would be lonely, especially as I knew Zara would be at school still.

"Y/n... you okay?" Sam got my attention, and I turned to him.

"Oh yeah sorry, just thinking about what I'm going to go now." He nods, and I think that Haz sees this as his chance to swoop into the conversation.

"We could all do something." That would be fun. Anything with these guys is fun to be honest.

I offer for them to all come to my house, telling them that my parents aren't at home. I miss out how they are away, because usually that brings pity to the situation, and that's not something I want.

Haz says he'll take the twins, as his jeep had been repaired, which leaves Tom and I in my car.

We get in, and I remember something. "Oh, Tom by the way I have your t-shirt here. I washed it for you." It was sad to wash it, as it meant it sort of lost Toms scent, but I couldn't give him an unclean top back.

"Thanks." He takes the top from me gently, and outs it in his bag.

"Do you want to listen to some music?" I offer.

"Why not." He states.

"Any personal preferences." I don't want to put on anything he hates.

"Damn putting all the pressure me me now y/n." He jokes. "I'll listen to anything you end to listen to." He adds.

I shuffle play my songs, and Yeah by Usher comes on. I begin to sing loudly, adding hand movements to the words, but also making sure I always have my eyes on the road.

Tom laughs next to me, and shakes his head.

We then continued to drive in a comfortable silence back to my house.

When we arrived Haz, Sam and Harry weren't there yet. We went inside, and to the kitchen.

"Do you want anything? A drink?" I ask him.

"Just a water please." I get him a water, but when I turn around I see him reading something on the kitchen side.

"What's this?" I see that he's looking at the note from my parents this morning, and I grab it from him.

"Nothing."

"Why didn't you tell me you were home alone for a long time?" He asks calmly, but I don't miss the slight concern tone in his voice.

"It happens a lot." I don't want to give him a whole life story. Better to keep it short and simple with descriptions of myself. It's better for everyone.

"When did they leave?" I don't know what he's so interested in this.

"Erm this morning. What's with all the questions?"

"No particular reason." He answers, using my strategy of answering as shortly as possible.

"But there are reasons." I fire back.

He was about to answer when there was a knock on the door. Harrison and the twins came in with Chinese food. That's why they took so long getting here.

We ended up watching a film, while eating the delicious food. We watched Trading Places. Even though it's summer and it's a Christmas film. After it all Haz and I were saying to each other was, "WHEN WE WANTED JACUZZI, WE HAD TO FART IN THE BATH TUB!"

Despite all of the enjoyment of watching the film and eating lots of food, I couldn't help but have Toms curiosity repeatedly playing at the back of my mind.

Authors note:
So this is set in Kingston, but imagine their school as one of those dream American only on Wattpad schools. Also even though they are in high school let's pretend they're in high school.