Chapter 9•

• just because we didn't work out doesn't mean you weren't the best thing that's ever happened to me •

We were in the drive through of McDonald's, mainly because Zara and I weren't dressed, and we were all too hungover to go in. Especially the loud noise and the over-whelming smell of greasy food.

They all got some sort of breakfast meal, while I got my big fat cheeseburger. Lovely.

Tom drove us back to his house while we were all eating. By the time we got back I had already finished my burger, Tom hadn't even started. I was still hungry.

We got into his house and he began eating the bagel he ordered. I sat down next to him and just looked at him. Okay, that was probably really creepy for him but I had a plan.

"Can u have your hash brown please?" I asks sweetly.

"No."

"But I'm still hungry."

He sighs but keeps up the fight. "You just had a burger and fries."

I have one more card to play, "but I'm in my period!"

"Fine." I knew that would work.

I munch away at my hash brown, while Tom sits there grumpily. But the more I eat the guiltier I begin feeling.

"I'm sorry. Are you mad?" I genuinely feel bad for eating his food now.

He looks at me for a second before laughing. "Of course I'm not mad."

The rest of the day is spent just watching movies, until Z has to go. We say goodbye to Tom and Haz, and I thank Tom for the hundredth time.

Z collects her things from my house and then leaves for her journey home.

I do any homework I had and then end up going to sleep early, hoping to get w good sleep so I'm feeling fine for school tomorrow.

(The next morning)

I wake up The the obnoxious sound of my alarm clock. I consider driving over it with a lorry, but my logical side argued that I will never make it to school on time if I do.

I get ready, wearing comfy clothes. It's still warm, so I end up wearing a suede skirt and a maroon jumper.

 It's still warm, so I end up wearing a suede skirt and a maroon jumper

I do my hair in French plates, keeping it out the way. My makeup is very neutral, only a little foundation, concealer and mascara. But I never forget my Carmex!

I drive to school, blasting music as per usual. Today the first song that played was, 21 Seconds. Oh how I do love a throwback.

When I get to school, everything seems normal. I go to my locker, only to see that a rather angry looking Tom and Haz are there.

"Hey guys. What's up?" I ask as I open my locker and get the things I need out.

Neither of them answer. They seem to be communicating with their eyes. It's a best friend thing. Apparently they decide to hide it from me, as neither of them speak up.

I turn around to leave them to there own little thing as they seem like they need time, when a couple of girls walk up to me.

They are all wearing over-the-too clothes for school, a lot of makeup, and their hair is done to a crazy barbie-style perfection. I'm sure I can what group this is, not saying they're mean, but I get the vibe.

"Your the girl who gave back chat to Zack." The one with bleach blonde hair says to me in a not so nice voice.

"Sorry, who are you?" Might as well start off nice, but if they talk down to me they are getting a mouth full.

"I'm Liliana." Okay so Liliana the leader.

"My names Blair. Honey, your outfits a little... boring." Blunt Blair I'll call her.

"At least I wear my clothes." No slur shaming, but the girl is wearing a black boob tube and a mini skirt.

She gives me a sarcastic laugh and I return it with a tight lipped smile.

Tom and Haz are watching this all go down. I'm glad that they are not intervening yet, I can handle myself and they know that.

"And you." I ask the third girl who is standing next to Lilian the leader.

"Hi I'm Willow, but they call me Wren, I don't know why." She smiles at me, and whispers he last part.

I chuckle and smile at her. I'll probably call her walked-over Willow. Her appearance fits in with the others, but her personality is different.

I'm about to leave when I get stopped by leader Lilian, again.

"Don't walk away when we are speaking to you." She snarls.

"You weren't speaking."

"Anyway," she says, ignoring me, "what you did to Zack we will let slide, you were new and must have been confused in that small head of yours. But if you do something like that again to my boyfriend you will pay." She really exaggerated the word boyfriend. Like I wanted him, ha.

"Yeah whatever you say, but if your boyfriend pulls something like that again do t expect me to sit back. Now I have to go to class." And with that I turn swiftly turn on my heal and head to class.

Tom and Haz follow, and Haz looks at me with slightly confused look. "What are you smiling about?"

"You see Haz, I have a very long bucket list, some things are big and, and some are small. But having a Mean Girls moment is on there."

He laughs at me but agrees that was defiantly worthy of my bucket list.

I look at Tom, and he is wearing a proud expression. He mumbles something, but I don't quite catch it. Haz seems to and smiles at him knowingly. I give him a questioning look, but his smug smile indicates to me I won't get anything out of him.

We get to English, and who do I see sitting right behind me? The one and only Zack.

Well that's just splendid.

"Y/n, didn't expect to se story sitting here. How are you?" He winks at me and I want to throw up.

"Just dandy Zack." I say sarcastically.

"You know y/n, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." This guy is really pushing my buttons.

"But if I wasn't sarcastic I'd have to simply tell you that you are stupid, and what's the fun in that?" I give him a small 'now go away' smirk before turning around and getting ready for English.

Authors note:
Is there anything that you want to see happen in the book. There are more things coming but some of you are so creative! Thank you for reading lovelies x