15

Tension between the GSA kids had dissipated as the week progressed. They were all getting along relatively well enough to go to my hockey game on Friday night. However, they missed out on my Tuesday night game because they were still in an awkward place with each other.

The team was able to pull off two wins this week and I was sure the celebration in the locker room was loud enough to be heard from the outside.

"You going to Ryan's?" Fox asked, standing a few lockers down in front of his own.

I shook my head. "Trevor's."

"We're getting together Saturday night too, come then," Fox suggested, though it sounded more like he was ordering me.

I smiled. "Fine."

Fox rolled his eyes, shutting his locker door. "Okay, man of few words, I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you."

Fox slung his hockey bag on his shoulder and sauntered out of the locker room and I watched him as he went, slicking my wet hair back with my hand. He was like a magnet for my eyes, wherever he went they followed. I tried not to dwell on the way his back muscles looked in his tight shirt.

After Fox left the room, I continued gathering my things before heading out to meet up with the GSA kids. I had already told Josh I was going with them, so I didn't feel the need to wait up for him after the game.

"Great game!" Trevor complimented me with a wide smile as I made my way to his car.

I smiled back. "Thanks, Trev."

"I still don't really get it, but I'm learning," he sheepishly admitted, opening the driver's side door.

I chuckled as I got into the passengers' seat after putting my hockey bag in the back.

"You'll get it eventually," I told him as I buckled my seatbelt.

Trevor hummed in agreement as he started the car and maneuvered out of the parking lot toward his house.

"I thought it was going to be awkward with Claudia there," Trevor confessed, both hands on the wheel as he stopped at a stop sign.

"Claudia came?"

Trevor nodded. "Holly invited her. I thought she was going to be kinda salty since Fox broke up with her, but she doesn't seem bothered by it. She was cheering him on and everything."

I had my suspicions that Fox was the one who broke things off with Claudia, so having that confirmed made sense.

The others were already at Trevor's house waiting for us by the time we got there. Trevor led me inside and as soon as he opened the door, we could hear a commotion coming from the living room. He let out a groan as he rushed toward the sound of the noise.

When I reached the living room after Trevor, I saw that the commotion was the group talking loudly over a game of Cards Against Humanity, bottles of alcohol surrounding them.

"Did you guys take this from the basement?" Trevor asked in a demanding tone, pointing toward the bottles of liquor.

Nadia loudly laughed and shook her head, obviously already drunk. "No, silly. We brought it ourselves."

Trevor sighed and shook his head at her, looking over at Claudia and Holly who were cuddling on the couch, seemingly sober.

Claudia held her hands up in defense. "I tried to tell them not to."

Austin looked as if he was ready to pass out while Johnny looked happier than I had ever seen him and Lexa was asleep on the floor. Nadia and Johnny actually seemed to be getting along, which I had never seen. Maybe the two of them should get drunk more often.