•{Twelve}•

•Will Solace•
————//————

I couldn't look away. My eyes stayed glued on the girl who was wrapped around Nico. I couldn't see her face, but she had black hair and strips of blonde mixed in. She wore a black dress and black sandals to match.

'Of course he'd date a somewhat emo girl.' I thought to myself.

We held eye contact for what felt like hours.

The girl finally let go of Nico causing me to look away.

Sure, I'm talking to Rosy, but it's only to stop thinking about Nico. Seeing him with her hurt me so bad.

He's only hugged me before. Now he's hugging this girl.

'Fuck! This kid is really fucking me up.' I told myself.

I looked at him one last time, before walking away. Is she the reason he didn't kiss back? Of course not! He didn't kiss back because he's not gay!

~~~

Class went by slower than ever. Maybe it was the fact that Nico wouldn't leave my mind or the fact that a 12 year old girl was with him.

~~~

"Hey." A small voice stopped my thoughts, causing me to look up from my lunch.

"Hey, Rosy." I smiled at her and looked back down to my food.

"How come you're all alone?" She asked, sitting down in front of me.

"I just wanted some time to think." I commented, not looking up.

"Oh. I can leave if you w-" She began but was cut off.

"William." A stern voice made me look up.

"Good afternoon, sir. What can I do for you?" It was the school's principal, Mr. Helms.

"I've got a new student who simply can't get her damn schedule right. Keeps getting lost. I need you to show her all her classes. Right now." He sighed as he talked.

"Sure, Mr. Helms. No problem." I smiled at him, but was internally sighing. He was as annoyed about this as I was.

"She's over there. Next to Di' Angelo. Nice of him to finally make a friend after 4 years of being solo." He spoke about Nico in a hint of annoyance.

'Great. I'm supposed to be giving Nico's girlfriend a fucking tour as if she's some goddamn queen.' I spat out. In my head of course.

"Alright. I'll go now." I stood and threw my trash out.

"We'll talk later, Rosy." She smiled and nodded, also getting up and leaving.

I walked towards Nico and the girl, dreading it more and more. Once I got closer to the table, I heard her rambling on and on.

"Hey." I simply commented as soon as I reached the table. Nico's cheeks went a shade of pink. He looked fucking adorable when he blushed.

"Hey.." The girl smiled from ear to ear.

"I was told that I had to show you all of your classes." I held in a sigh.

"Oh! You must be William!" I cringed at the use of my full name from someone that wasn't Mr. Helms, Nico, or Mom.

"Will. And you are?" I corrected her, trying not to sound so bitchy.

"I'm Daya. New freshman." My eyes widened and saliva caught in my throat, causing me to have a coughing fit.

Nico eyed me with a confused look. He's dating a fucking freshman.

"Okay. Let's go. Let me see your schedule." As she looked in her bag, I took the chance to study Nico.

He had dark circles under his eyes, meaning he hasn't been sleeping. The faint pink tint was still on his cheeks. There was an expression on his face that I simply couldn't read.

"Found it! Let's go! Come Nico! Come with us!" She seemed overly happy if I'm being honest.

Nico looked caught by surprise.

"S-sure." He stuttered out. I watched him get up.

'After everything we went through..' I thought. I just don't understand how we suddenly stopped talking. Why were things so awkward now.

"Are you going to show her or are we just going to stand here, Solace." A wave of heat rushed to my face at the use of my surname. I missed him so fucking much.

He must have noticed because he blushed too.

"Y-yeah. Let's go." I quickly said before we began walking.

We had walked to 3 classes already, 1 left. I was getting pretty annoyed with her overly excited tone.

"Will! Can't wait for the game this Friday!" Some kid I've never talked to yelled at me. I simply smiled at him and kept walking.

"Game!? What game?" Daya asked.

"There's a football game this Friday. The biggest game yet." I spoke with excitement this time.

"Oh! Nico! Can we go!?" She shook Nico's hand like a little kid asking their parent for candy at a store.

"Uh- sure." He let out an awkward "sure." She's making him uncomfortable.

'Great. Not only is he going, but he's going with her. Fan fucking tastic.' I angrily told myself.

"This is your last class. If you need help, ask Nico." I began walking away, but she held my hand. I tensed.

"What." I sighed, not looking at her.

"Thank you!" She chirped at me.

"Mhm." Was all I let out.

"Stop being such a dick, William." Nico finally spoke up. I turned around, looking him in the eye.

I opened my mouth to say something, but decided against it.

"What? Cat got your tounge?" What the hell was his problem.

"Fuck off, Nico." I spat out, turning, and walking away.