Chapter 5: Dark Jobs

Your P.O.V.
It was early in the morning, the rain was tapping on the roof and leaving marks on the glass door of the bar. It was around 4 am and the plan for Saturday was slowly coming to fruition. Jeremiah knew about the plans, the vaults have both fake and real money, and the chianti for Selina was going to be spiked. If you were lucky the chianti would just finish it for that night, but then again she would try again. Thunder crashed as you drank some vodka and added some money to the real vault. The vodka was never strong for you, it always eased your mind but never made you too drunk. As you went to take the garbage out you heard knocking on the door. You yelled "Read the sign, we're closed. Buy some beer tomorrow." The knocking continued so you dropped the garbage and headed to the door. Before you could say anything the glass burst open, shattering some pieces on the floor. There were two guys, both in Penguin masks with two sides. Meaning Penguins guys who transferred to Two-Face's group.

One of them had a gun in is right hand and a bag in the other. The other one wielded a shank. The one with the gun said "All the money in the bag. Now!" He had the gun pointed at your face, close enough for you to disarm him. The one with the shank questioned "Is (he/she) deaf or blind?" to which the one with the gun looked at him and replied "Neither." You took the opportunity to disarm him, you grabbed the gun by the barrel and pulled the guy close. You elbowed him in the neck and he let go of the gun. You aimed the gun at the one with the shank. The other guys tried to take the gun back, but you had a butterfly knife. You carried it with you everywhere, you flipped it so that the blade pointed at him. You said "Two things: one, leave if you don't want to die. Two, I will tell your boss about you turning. I heard he loves hunting down backstabbers." You ordered the guy who had the gun go next to the other guy. He complied and you said "Now, what do you choose? Death now or death later?"

They were both shaking, you could tell their hearts were beating faster and faster. They both slowly walked out the door and left. You took the gun and put it in the garbage bag, throwing out the evidence. You then put the blade back in your pocket and said "Okay Edgar. Looks like I'm not getting your collar today. Maybe tomorrow." You headed out the door and walked home, the rain crashing down and the lightning following suit.

Selina's P.O.V.
I had to leave the bar early again sadly. I had hoped to stick around to find some idea as of to what the plan was, but there was a poor defenseless museum just waiting to have something stolen. I used to do this not only for the money, but also for Bruce's attention. Now it's just for the money, and it's been boring. No wonder why I've been spending time with (F/N). But I don't want it that way, yet it seems inevitable. 'Don't think about (him/her) now Selina, you have a canvas to steal' is what I was screaming in my head, but now I'm contemplating on whether I should or not. Bruce wouldn't be here to stop me and no chase would ensue. I couldn't play hard to get. I was about to leave, just forget about the painting, but it was only then that I saw two guys in Penguin Two-Face masks about to break into the damn place.

"Figures." I sigh as I overheard the two talking. "What the fuck was that (guy/chick) thinking?" "I don't know man. Almost makes me regret leaving Penguin." "What was that, his top (guy/gal)?" "It might've been, I heard (he/she) was a bartender to pay Penguin back for...something...last Halloween." "Wait, (he/she) doesn't work for Penguin?" "(He/She) don't work with anyone." "We should've gotten (him/her)." "Well this place'll give us some money." Could the bartender they were talking about be (F/N). I mean it could've been. But there's only one way to find out. I threw some caltrops at them, they acted as shrapnel of sorts and got the brain dead goons in the head, arms, and body. They screamed as the pain got worse, I used my whip to drag one them over and knock them out. The other guy surrendered and I approached him. I brought him to the ground and put my foot on his neck. I asked "Where's this bar you tried to rob?"

He stuttered and was chocking on his words "The Hamill Bar, it's a drop bar. Penguin's been using it to gain money that Two-Face and Harley Quinn stole. We were going to get more for Two-Face." I twisted my foot so that the heel was against his throat, I bent down and said "Tell Harv, that money is mine." and I smashed his head in the pavement. I got up and thought 'I'll save this score for another time. For now, I got a bird to steal from'

A/N: Here's something neat I thought of for this chapter. How your day and Selina's day is when they're working. These chapters are actually getting written faster cause of my phone. I might keep using it, but I still need my tablet fixed. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed, make sure to vote for the next books in my conversations (there's a poll I posted, say the book there) and have a great day/night. :)