Chapter 11: Fear Career

3rd Person P.O.V.
GCPD
Scarecrow was done suffering from his fear toxin that Bruce Wayne, the Batman, injected him with. He had heard he died last year, now there was no Batman. Crane believed that Gotham was ready to be drowned in fear once again, but he couldn't spread it inside a cell. Cobblepot got out to due a change in heart, which Crane didn't believe. Dent, Croc, and Lynns all broke out, with the help of Harley Quinn. She'd been drowned in revenge against Batman for killing Joker, but since he's dead, she's been wanting to take revenge against the rest of the costumed heroes. Nightwing, Robin, even that new Hood guy. Scarecrow saw this as an opportunity to twist Harley's demeanor. He sat in his cell away from other inmates, thinking of what he could do to twist the clown's demeanor. Then, he heard an alarm.

Arron Cash's P.O.V.
I rushed for my gun when I heard the alarm. All the inmates that currently resided here were clanging on the bars as I heard other officers running to the entrance. I went to guard the inmates with a few other officers. Some time passed, then I heard gunfire. My grip tightened on my gun as I kept hearing the gunfire, then I felt the ground shake. I knew it wasn't an earthquake, because earthquakes don't go off in short bursts multiple times, no, it was footsteps. They were thundering closer as I grabbed the nearest rifle. I coupled it with my hook hand and, thinking it was Croc, I aimed the gun prematurely. The footsteps got closer, then I saw him. The brute of a man, now with a new look to him, Bane.

We all fired our bullets hoping to hurt him, he just laughed as he swatted us away like flies. He approached Crane's cell and grabbed him by the torso. He said "Time to ensure freedom pendejo." as he charged through walls like a train. I was injured badly, my ribs felt like they were broken and my vision was fading. The last thing I thought was 'If only you were still here Batman.' and I felt my eyes close.

1 week later
Your P.O.V.
You and Selina have been dating for about a week now. You and she were sharing your apartment space, at least it was starting today. Selina finished packing up all her things, even though she started yesterday, and was giving her key to the front desk now. You were reading about the breakout at the GCPD and started to feel worried. Scarecrow was broken out by Bane who, after Bruce died, works for Harley Quinn, the same bitch who was Jeremiah's boss. Your hand were trembling but your heart was racing with adrenaline, anger and fear washed over as you put the paper down and weighed out options. The bar was almost done, maybe three days left of refurbishing, but Harley knew where it was. Your thoughts stopped as Selina entered, you gave her a copy of your key even if she could come in through the window. The anger and fear left as she entered with three or four bags, each containing either clothes or valuables, aka stuff she's stolen.

Since she was going to be in your room, due to there being only one, she walked and talked, putting her stuff in the extra closet "So, how does it feel (F/N) to have someone else in your apartment?" "You've been in here before Selina." "I meant how does it feel to have someone else living with you? Someone very close." You blushed at the last part and said "It feels the same but different, and I love the change." Selina came out of the room and said "You're becoming quite the charmer (F/N)," her body was now right up against you, her emerald green eyes looking right at you. You were feeling some excitement and she continued "I like it." and kissed you. You were both smiling after the kiss and she said "How bout tonight we change into something more....comfortable." she let her finger travel down your chest and you were feeling more excitement. But before Selina could kiss you again the television flickered to life, and on the screen: Scarecrow.

He said "Hello (F/N) (L/N), and Miss Kyle. I hope you're enjoying your new living space. Because you are about to see it in a whole new light." and then, gas with an orange tint started to fill the room. You quickly said "Grab Edgar and get out, quick." and she did just that. She busted through the door and you heard the door click. But it slammed shut, Selina couldn't do that with just her legs. Crane must've equipped the door with some kind of automatic lock. You tried ramming the door, breaking the knob with whatever you could find but to no avail. If you went out the window you would definitely die, you had no choice but to stay. Selina was trying to get the door open but she couldn't budge it. You awaited for what you would see as the toxin entered your lungs. You waited for what seemed to be eternity and then....... nothing. No fear, no hallucinations, no nothing. You looked around to find something to break the knob with now that you had a vaster area. You grabbed a chair near you and broke the knob in one go, but you had to clear the toxin out. So you threw the chair at the window, smashing it to tiny pieces. The toxin cleared out and Selina came rushing in, same with Edgar, to see you on your knees. Selina approached you and with some sadness in her voice she said "(F/N), are you alright?" "I'm fine. I'm fine." you said as you exhaled between the sentences. She ran over to you and hugged you, she said "I'll get Crane, he'll regret crossing me."

Oracle's P.O.V.
When Crane got out I went straight to finding him. Even though Tim wanted me to stay home I had to look for him. Dad was hurt during his breakout and I need to find Crane before he could strike again. It was a little when until I detected fear toxin in one specific place, an apartment. I had cameras nearby so I checked to see the damage. To my surprise, there wasn't any casualties of the fear toxin. I was looking at someone who had (H/C) hair, (E/C) eyes, and was with Selina Kyle. That last part caught me by surprise to be honest, but then something caught me off guard. I used the cameras to check their vitals, the (man/woman) had fear toxin in (his/her) lungs and (he/she) was fine. The toxin had no effect on (him/her), it was remarkable. The guys had to know about this, cause whatever's in (his/her) blood stream could eliminate fear toxin for good.

A/N: Basically each 10 chapters there'll be a new saga of the story. The first ten are the Bar Saga, the next ten are the Crime Saga, and the last ten are the New Age Saga. But anyway I hope you enjoyed, make sure to vote for the next book in my conversations (there's a poll there, reply to that please), and have a great day/night. :)