Chapter 13: Hot Water

Your P.O.V.
You awoke with a pain in your chest as you saw a small hole there. You checked your surroundings, you were in a cell of sorts. Unlike the police cells this one was see through and had air holes large enough to bring air in but small enough to make sure you didn't get out. There was only a bed and what you assumed was a toilet, you thought to yourself 'Great, as if throwing me in one cell wasn't bad enough' You checked to see if your knife was still on you and, you guessed it, it wasn't there. "Shit." you cursed to yourself. You couldn't see anything in front of you so you called out "Hey! What the fuck am I doing in here?" No response. You assumed that if there was anyone on the other side they didn't care, or maybe no one was there. You sat on the bed contemplating what you could do, why you were here, and if Selina was okay. It was only when you thought of why you were here that you could see on the other side. There were three more cells across from you and a giant computer on your right. In front of you was Red Hood himself.

You both looked at each other, him with more rage in his eyes and you being the calm one. You broke the silence by saying "Nice place." He just growled and kept looking at you. You decided to ease some tension, if it was even possible, by engaging in small talk. "Just why, precisely, am I here Hoodie?" you asked crossing your arms, he pounded his fist on the glass and spoke with an inverted metallic voice "As far as I'm concerned you're a criminal. A festering wound in Gotham that I intend to rid. Your deeds will not go unpunished." You didn't flinch at his statement, you calmly said "Your word means moot, actions are what define you. My actions nowadays have been nothing but innocent." "Wrong dirtbag. You killed Jeremiah Hamill." he said as he raised his voice slightly. You still didn't flinch at his attempts to interrogate you. Then you heard a ding.

There were then three people who entered, one female two males. The female was in a wheelchair, had glasses and red hair that was tied up in a small ponytail. She wore a blue tracksuit of sorts with a yellow undershirt. One of the males you recognized as Robin, he was limping a little from the smackdown you have him last night. And the other was Nightwing, he had his suit on bit also had his kali sticks out. Robin glared at you before he went to the massive computer. The girl in the wheelchair went up to you and said "I hope you're well acquainted (F/N), sorry if this seems a little harsh." "Oh, don't be. Be sorry if Selina attempts to break me out." you retorted, bringing your arms out for actions. And just then you heard Selina, she said "Well even though that is awfully sweet of you, this is out of my control. But" you saw her walk in front of you, pushing Hood aside "I'm glad you're okay." Hood groaned in disgust while the girl in the wheelchair said "We just need to know why you aren't affected by Scarecrow's fear toxin." "It's my blood" you responded quickly "and I would've been happy to give it to you willingly if the shaved bird over there didn't break into my apartment." notioning to Robin.

Red Hood then banged on the glass and snapped "You need (his/her) blood Oracle? Open the cell and I'll give you a whole bag of it." Selina then stepped in front and said "You want (him/her), you go through me. I'm not losing someone else I love." Oracle broke them apart and insisted "If we're going to stop Scarecrow we need to work together." Hood just waved his arm, brushing off what she said. You just sat there with your arms crossed and said "Okay, just take my fucking blood and get me out of this damned cell." Before Oracle could start there was an alarm. Selina asked "What's that?" "It's the 'None-of-your-damn-business' alarm." Red Hood retorted as he walked to the computer. You could see two pictures pulled up, and you didn't like what you saw. Firefly and Killer Croc. You complained "Great, ol' mutate and the ass-onist. Can't they just off themselves already?" "They're in downtown Gotham," she said, ignoring what you were complaining about "and from the police reports, they want (F/N) (L/N)."

Red Hood was the first to act, he declared "If they want (him/her), let's give (him/her) to em." Selina rebuked, saying "Are you as mad as Bruce? If he were still here he'd find a way around the situation." "Don't compare me to Bruce!" Red Hood yelled as he pulled out his gun and aimed it at Selina. Your heart was filled with adrenaline and anger as you banged on the glass with enough force to make a small crack, it was enough to gets Hood's attention. "You leave her alone or I'll break you worse than birdy." You hissed. Nightwing yelled "Enough! All of you! Croc and Firefly aren't just going to leave, we have to take them down and find out why they want (F/N)." Everyone remained silent as Nightwing continued "Now, we need a plan to take down both of them." Little did they know, you were a master strategist. So you said "I have a plan." and they all looked at you.

A little later
You walked up to Croc, he was fucking huge, his shadow was looming over you. The police saw you walking through their barricades, Croc had a grin on his face. He growled "(F/N) (L/N), bringing you in will give me some solace and a chance to get out of Gotham." "Any place in particular you wanna go?" you responded, hoping to converse with the beast of a man. He growled "Australia." "Nice place." you quipped, "But what does hothead in the sky get?" He seemed to have heard you as he flew down, he said with a gravelly voice "I'm going to Hawaii baby, it's already burning there." You gave the signal, and Firefly jerked towards the police. Croc looked towards him and saw a leather whip around his neck.

Croc growled "Selina! I'll make sure you-" he got cut off by a staff being smacked on the side of his head. Croc growled "Robin, having you will be a light meal." He was about to eat the bird, that is until you zapped him with a modified taser so much he collapsed. As he did, you saw Selina fly right towards you. Your instincts were fast as you quickly grabbed her, preventing serious injury. Firefly was back in the air and he said in a gravely voice "Okay which do you prefer: the quick blinding flash of an explosion, or a nice slow burn?" as he aimed his flamethrower at you. He got the trigger, but nothing happened. Firefly turned his flamethrower to see a claw mark, and he looked at Selina. She said "Couldn't resist Lynns." and his flamethrower burst, damaging his jetpack as well. Although he spiraled out of control straight towards you. Knocking you out.

A/N: Sorry this took a while, had to get ready for my trip, won't be able to post next week. So I hope you enjoyed, make sure to vote for the next book in my conversations, and have a great day/night. :)