Chapter 14: Half Burned

Your P.O.V.
Your eyes were closed, you felt kind of cold and droplets of water were tapping on your body, every drop stung. You remembered your last thought, Croc and Firefly, the bastards. Croc almost killed you, Firefly inadvertently knocked you out. Your eyes were still closed when you heard footsteps approach you, they were high heels. Slowly you opened your eyes and saw Selina approaching you. You got up and saw your giant bruise on your chest and, to your embarrassment, noticed you were near naked. Selina looked away with a slight blush on her face as you put on some clothes. You put on a dark shirt and grey shorts. Selina was still as red as a tomato as you broke the silence "How long was I out for?" "A day, maybe two." Selina responded. You groaned as you stretched your muscles and cracked some bones. Selina continued "It's been a long day. Croc and Firefly broke out." "What? How the fuck did they break out so quickly?" you asked with some anger. Selina sighed and told you everything she knew.

Yesterday night
3rd Person P.O.V.
Croc and Firefly were being pushed to their cells with Robin nearby. Cash had just gotten out of the hospital when the two criminals were caught. The police cars were headed to Arkham Island as Robin hurried behind them on the rooftops. Cash was at the back with Croc while Alverez was somewhere near the middle with Firefly. Cash was, evidently, pissed at Croc, as usual, due to the dilemma they had back before even Robin was around that resulted in Cash losing his hand. He was more pissed, however, that Scarecrow got the jump on them. He knew for damn sure that Croc wouldn't get away again. It was the last thing he thought of until the car stopped.

"Stay here or I'll make us even." Cash said with agitation to Croc as he headed to the front. The driver looked out the front and saw around four to five trucks. Robin halted on the rooftops glaring at the trucks, attempting to figure out who they were. An aggravated Cash stepped towards the trucks with a megaphone, yelling "This is the GCPD! We are holding dangerous convicts and need you to move!" There was no response. After maybe forty-five seconds one of the doors opened from the trucks. Eventually all the doors and backs were opening up with men in guises spewing out. They were wearing Two-Face masks and opened fire.

The officers ducked for cover and Robin leapt into action. Croc gave a small smirk that Cash saw, "What's so funny?" he inquired. Croc was just a laughing mess, "You, thinking I'm just gonna stay put." he roared as he broke the massive cuffs restraining him. He broke out the back and started plowing through the police force. Robin turned behind him, seeing the massive green brute plow through Gotham's best like a child throwing a tantrum, and prepared for him. He put his hand behind his back, getting a small amount of smoke bombs, and launched them at Croc, blinding him. He brought his arm over his eyes, hoping to get the smoke out to see again. After some time he cleared it, but opening his eyes was a mistake. Robin used a technique that Bruce used on the Joker back in Arkham, he called it the Knuckle Shatterer. He sprayed explosive gel on his right fist with the detonator in his left hand, and he punched Croc straight in his jagged teeth. The force of the detonation knocked them both on the ground.

As he lay there, struggling to get up, multiple goons surrounded him. Robin could tell from their snickering that they intended to beat him while he was down, but before they could start they heard an explosion. Firefly's convoy burst into a massive flame with the pyromaniac, all possessions in hand, hovering above the flame, admiring the 'purity'.

Croc then walked over to Robin, who was still writhing in pain on the ground, with a glare in his eyes that indicated hunger and rage. As Robin attempted to grab a smoke pellet his hand was shot, amongst the silence it sounded like thunder cracking. Two-Face looked at Robin then at Croc "Get in the van!" he demanded to Croc. The scaled beast of a man complied with a grunt, leaving the boy wonder with the half burned. Two-Face said nothing as he walked closer, turning Robin on his back. Two-Face put his foot on Robin's chest, pinning him down "You should've joined Wayne in the fire!" he angrily shouted at Robin. "Now, you're gonna say hello to Wayne." he calmly stated as he aimed his gun at Robin's head. Robin was staring death in the face, but before he could meet his maker, a thunderous crack of a whip was heard. Two-Face looked at his hand which now had a whip wrapped around it.

Two-Face turned to see Catwoman, but only for a split second. She ran up to him and yanked his hand forward, thus violently lunging Two-Face forward without his consent, she spun her body around Two-Face's neck and slammed his body on the ground. Robin got up, shakily, and thanked Selina. She wanted to kill Harvey Dent for a long time, ever since the events of Arkham City when he tried to kill her by bombing her old apartment. But before she could lunge at the half burned former district attorney, he was gone, only a trail of dust remained. Selina cursed under her breath as Robin limped towards his ride the he called.

Present Time
Your P.O.V.
"So, we lost all three of em. At least you didn't get hurt." you implied as you say up, covering your chest with the sheet that was on you. Selina looked down with a little red on her face, and you knew she was embarrassed. Before you could tease her the door near you both opened, to which Nightwing entered. He violently looked away when he thought you were naked, his back towards the both of you. "If you're going to say something you might as well look at us when you do so." Selina teased, knowing Nightwing was uncomfortable as it is. He slowly turned "We lost Two-Face at Gotham Harbor. Croc most likely used the sewers to help him and his thugs escape." he spoke with a little reprieve in his voice. "I take it you're using some type of drone to check the sewers or are you just hacking the cameras near the sewers?" you asked with slight anger, "Both actually. We need to be vigilant." "Well I have an idea. But I have a feeling you aren't going to like it." you warned. Selina and Nightwing looked at you as you started "But first, get me my clothes please."

A/N: Here we FINALLY FUCKING GO!!! This took a while, sorry bout the long delay. This book will be updated bit by bit so hopefully this will get back on track. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed, sorry for the long wait, make sure to vote for the next book in my conversations, and have a great day/night. :)