Chapter 21: Aftermath

Your P.O.V.
It'd been about a month or two since Harley was captured. The bar had been getting more and more popular ever since, garnering you enough money to get a new house in Gotham. Although Selina also chipped as well, she said she did get the money from credible sources and not from theft. You believed her because you, after all, were married. The wedding was about a week ago, Sam and Sullivan were your best men and Oswald made sure that no one interrupted. It'd be a while until you finally had enough courage to ask Selina to marry you, and apparently you both had the same idea for proposal. It was interesting to say the least.

You had just gotten home from the bar, it was almost 3 in the morning, the house was quiet at this time. It normally is, but it always feels quieter at night. Mostly because Selina works with different contractors for the city, she's not home most days meaning it's quieter. The rain had started to pick up again. Even though you had no work tomorrow, you still wanted to do something. So you headed into the kitchen and started to make something to eat. Maybe just a grilled cheese sandwich or a soup. You didn't really know, but those plans were quashed when you saw something. The thunder struck and you saw the reflection of him. You turned around and before your very eyes was the Batman.

*play video above for extra effect*
Batman walked closer to you, you were petrified. You used to be a criminal and now he was probably going to bring you to jail. He stopped in front of you, his looming shadow covering any light from hitting your body. The thunder struck again and he looked down at you. "You must be (F/N) (L/N). You did good capturing Quinn." he spoke with a gruff voice. "Don't mention it." You replied, still shaking and scared. The kitchen light went out from the storm. You turned around and as soon as you blinked, Batman was gone. On the table behind where he stood was a note. You picked it up and it read "Keep Selina safe." you chuckled and said to yourself "That was my plan from the beginning Bruce."

A/N: And that's it. The only reason this chapter is so short is because I wanted this to be more of a send-off than anything. Something calm and not very long only because it's the last chapter of the book. I'm happy that I finally was able to get it done and I hope it was well worth the wait everyone. Hope you all enjoyed and have a good day/night. :)