Chapter 9: Jail Bail

Your P.O.V.
It was two days after the heist at your bar, tonight was the night you'd take Selina out on a date. You planned a rooftop date, you had the food prepped and you even moved the radio up to the roof for some music if Selina wanted some. Selina did have interest in you, kinda surprising since she did have a thing for Bruce when he was alive. But it's been over a year so it's completely understandable if Selina wanted someone else, a chance to move on. But it might not have been the case. Selina is a wild card, you didn't know how she thought nor did you know her intentions. But you didn't dwell on it.

You awoke from your sleep with a start. You looked over at the time, it was around 10 am, and you stretched your arms up to loosen them. Edgar was laying on your chair, again, as you got some proper clothes and went into the bathroom. You placed the clothes on the closest counter and undressed. You turned on the hot water in the shower and got in. The hot water helped to wake you up from sleep, the date wasn't until 6 pm but you wanted to have some time with Edgar. With everything that's been going on he's been lonely, and with his time on the streets you didn't want him to feel alone. You turned off the water and stepped out of the shower, you felt cold for a split second and dried yourself off with the towel hanging on the rack.

After you dried off you grabbed your clothes and put them on. They were casual, but not too casual. You had a (button up shirt and jeans, no belt though/button up vest, black laced dress), and, lest we not forget, your (fedora/choker). You had every intention to wear it but not for the whole date. You were about to check the time when you heard a knock at your door. Walking over you quickly checked the time, 11:03, and looked outside your door expecting Selina. Peering through the looking hole on your door you saw two officers of the GCPD. One you could tell was Arron Cash, the man who had his hand bitten off by Killer Croc, and the Commish himself, James Gordon. You opened the door and said "Can I help you officers?" "Are you (F/N) (L/N)?" Arron said bluntly. You were concerned and said "Yes. Why, is something wrong?" "We found the body of your boss, Jeremiah Hamill, outside the GCPD and a knife, with your fingerprints on it." Gordon said.

"What? That's absurd." you exclaimed, knowing you killed him with your butterfly knife. "I'm sorry (Mr./Ms.) (L/N), but we have to take you in." Gordon said as Cash walked towards you with handcuffs. You didn't avoid it, you knew you could prove your innocence. Cash put the cuffs on, the cold metal tightened on your wrists, you weren't in pain but you winced due to the metal being undeniably cold. Edgar started hissing at Cash, he almost clawed the officer, but you said "It's okay Edgar. If I'm not out by tomorrow I'll make sure someone takes care of you." Edgar then hugged your leg and Cash gently led you out the door. Gordon said "I do hope you're innocent (L/N). For his sake."

Earlier
Selina's P.O.V.
I was thinking about the date tonight, it might be a chance to actually have someone who won't be out in tights fighting brain-dead goons. Even though I liked a good chase it felt I was the one chasing (him/her), now I know how Bruce felt. But Bruce never invited me on a date, I've never even been on a date. My heart was beating a million miles a minute when I woke up, not from nightmares but by how the date would go. My hair was a mess and I was wearing practically nothing at moment. I walked over to my dresser to see what there was to wear, sure I had stolen some fashion but I've never had time to wear any of them. I didn't even know if half of them fit. I tried on black dresses, casual wear, and everything in between. I stopped putting things on because not only was I tired, but I heard commotion down the hall. I looked out and saw GCPD officers at (F/N)'s door. 'Please don't arrest (him/her), please.' I thought as the officers conversed with (F/N). One of them went in, Cash I think, and I heard a metal clink.

They put (him/her) in cuffs, I could tell from the all-too familiar sound. He escorted them past me and when they were gone I heard meowing. Edgar. I rushed over to the open door and comforted Edgar. I refilled his food and water and got to thinking how I could free (F/N). I then saw (his/her) CD's, many of them were gothic music. (He/She) did say he didn't have many friends, (he/she) most likely listens to this to ease (himself/herself). I read some of the tracks and it hit me. I got one part of the plan ready, but step two would be challenging. I knew what to do, it's pulling it off that won't be easy.

Timeskip to midnight
Your P.O.V.
They've kept you here for almost 13 hours. They gave you an interrogation, read you your rights, and gave you all evidence that you killed Jeremiah with a flimsy kitchen knife, you even told them that Jeremiah was one of Harley's lackeys. It made the entire thing seem a little less dense. Harley's been causing havoc ever since Bruce Wayne died, so one less part of her cause is better. But they said it didn't make you above the law. Now you sit in a holding cell, patiently waiting for the evidence to say that you didn't kill Jeremiah with a kitchen knife. But something else happened instead.

The lights went out, you assumed it was a raid. But you found out it wasn't when you heard your cell door open, you could see an outline of a cat, Selina. She grabbed your hand and quickly ran out with you in hand. There were many twists and turns you had to make, but you both ran straight to the entrance and got outside. "C'mon, we're almost there." Selina said, almost out of breath. You both kept running until you got to an alleyway and Selina stopped. "They won't find us. You okay?" Selina asked, panting. "I'm doing good" you said "but now they're gonna keep chasing me." Selina, now having caught her breath, said "They won't, thanks to a little anonymous video. Courtesy of Oracle." You looked at her and asked "What's on it?" "An indoctrinated video of Jeremiah commiting suicide." Selina said confidently with a smile. "You owe me something extra after the date." Selina said as she walked towards you and slid her finger down your shirt. You were flustered and you said "Date tomorrow sound good?" "My place this time." Selina said as she headed off into the night.

A/N: You're safe thanks to Selina, again. Don't worry this won't happen a lot but the next chapter is the date so get ready for that. Anyways I hope you enjoyed, make sure to vote for the next books in my conversations (there's a poll to reply to there), and have a great day/night. :)