Chapter 48

William's POV:

I wake up with a smile on my face. Something which hasn't happened since Emily passed.

I shower and get ready, my mind only thinking about one person.

Olivia.

I pushed her away at first because I didn't want to get hurt again and I promised myself not to trust someone again after Em left.

But somehow she made her way into my life. Seeing her with Jake made my blood boil and all I wanted to do was wrap her up in my arms and protect her.

I had forgotten how to enjoy life and be happy about the little things. Liv made me happy again.

Liv makes me happy. I need to see her.

I make some breakfast and quickly scarf it down not wanting to wait any longer before I see her.

"Sup Will. Wanna go somewhere today?" Ry enters and plops down in front of me.

"Can't, I'm going out." I say, grabbing my keys.

"You're gonna ditch me?! Your best friend?!" Ry whines dramatically.

"I'm going to Liv's." I say and watch as his eyes soften and a wierd look comes in his eyes.

"Okay. Have fun." He smiles warmly at me.

What the fuck just happened?

"Okay then." I say, a little creeped out.

I head out the door and start up the car. It comes to life and I back out of the drive and head towards Liv's house.

^~^

As I head towards the door I hear muffled voices coming from inside. Wonder what's that about.

I'm about to ring the bell but suddenly I hear Liv's voice.

"That's right. It was that long ago you can't even remember. The last time we had dinner as a family was 2 years ago!"

I think she's talking about her parents. Now that I think about it, they're never really home.

"But dear we do love you. We're just too busy."

I'm guessing that's her mom. Was this a wrong time to come? Maybe I should've texted her before coming.

I think I'll just leave and come later.

I'm about to head back to my car but what Liv says next makes me halt in my steps.

"Busy? Mom I don't think any parent would be busy after they find out that their only daughter has cancer! The fact that I could die any day and all you still care about is work!"

Cancer? Liv has Cancer? She's going to die?

Suddenly all the pieces come together in my mind. Her looking paler and paler day by day, her not being hungry most of the time and always feeling too cold.

Fucking hell.

Suddenly the thought that she never told me about this flashes into my mind.

Why didn't she tell me? Was she ever going to tell me?

She lied to me and I fell for it even when I promised myself I wouldn't trust again.

But I did. And she broke it in a fraction of a second.

I clench my fists and look downwards, trying not to punch something.

I hear the door opening and cast my eyes upwards and there stands the one person whom I couldn't wait to see until now.

"Will?"

"You lied to me." I spit out in anger.

I just wish she would've told me herself. I just wish I wouldn't have found out through a fucking door.

"Will, I-", I cut her off and say, "I trusted you but you turned out like everyone else."

The last person whom I expected to hurt me and lie to me was Olivia. But isn't it what always happens? The people you care about stab you in the back and it hurts more than anything else in the fucking world.

"Just hear me out." She pleads, her voice sounding broken.

I can't. I need to go. I need to take my anger out.

"I've heard enough."

A/N: Hey y'all, did you like this chapter?

What's your favorite movie? Also check out MyownEvilway_, she has an awesome book and it honestly deserves more reads :)

Peace.

~Sky