The Fever of Love

(Theme song for this Chapter is Alone with you by Ashlee)

Day 1 (Continued)

Ivar's POV

I push the chamber door open as hard as I can due to my undeniable longing to see Nova

As I open the chamber door with force, the noise startles Nova and she half gets up from the bed with support of her one arm

The sunset is making the golden white furniture in the room glow like gold. Nova is half lying down on the white bed with golden arches and looking at me like a doll. I gesture the guards to leave.

"Ivar?" she says half asleep, I love how she says my name, "Ivaaa", not pronouncing the 'R' of it. My eyes spot the green bottle on the table and I thank the Allfather that it is full and she is alive.

"Shhh, go back to sleep" I say while slowing shutting the door behind me and stepping in quietly as she falls back on the bed.

"Come here" she commands while burying her face in the pillow

I try to make sense of what she has said as I stand there, Did she say "Come here?". I slowly walk towards the bed and look at her.

The marvellous beauty, how can anyone look so enchanting while they are half asleep. The way her hair falls on her face while glowing in the sunset, those perfect lips..

"Are you going to stand there and stare at me allday?" she says with one eye open

I smile and say, "Don't challenge me on that" as I sit on the side of the bed and open my boots and armour and I crawl towards her, she is so sleepy that it is ridiculous. Her eyes are a little swollen but still beautiful, with those big lashes.

As I crawl a little closer to her she immediately throws a pillow on my face and laughs

"Stay in your territory" she says and laughs a little harder while putting her tongue between her teeth, the sun illuminates her face and I see her freckles.

I smile and fall flat on my back as we both look at each other and smile, she is on the left side of the bed and I on right. The sun is gleaming at it's full force.

She lifts her left hand up and gently brings her fingers closer to my cheek, my body is shaking.

I need her touch

but she hesitates and pulls her hand a little backward with a face full of confusion

"Go ahead, I won't bite" I say softly while looking at her

She laughs and again her hand crosses the pillow border and touches my right cheek gently, she slides her fingers on my cheek as I close my eyes, just to take in the moment. I open my eyes and I lose my breath.

 I open my eyes and I lose my breath