Chapter ︳12

Illecebrous

(English/adj.) Alluring, attractive, enticing.

) Alluring, attractive, enticing

~ Fire Lord Zuko ~

Firebending; a form of bending that is arguably the most aggressive, and with that, also came with the misinformed perspective of being destructive. 'It's a balance' Uncle Iroh often said when we practiced, wise words that seemed only to click now.

With much reluctance, Aang once again tried his best to maintain his posture, despite his laboured breathing. His arms and hands were carefully moving in a circular motion in front of himself as he tried to control the temperature and span of the flames that arose from his hands. I huffed and found myself guiding his hands, "Tense up. This isn't Waterbending – if you loosen up your muscles, you can easily lose control of the flames." I criticized. Aang sighed heavily, the muscles in his arms tensing in consideration to my statement, as he tried harder to focus on the span of his flames.

It didn't come to a surprise that Aang still wasn't comfortable with Firebending. That wasn't to say he hadn't mastered it, but a trained eye could tell he struggled. To be fair, Airbending and Waterbending shared more similarities in favour of Earth or Fire. I could still vaguely remember hearing Toph complain about Aang's struggle to learn Earthbending. 'Stand your ground!' Toph would often shout, till this day, towards Aang. It made sense, Airbending and Waterbending catered to distance, often staying on the defensive side. Firebending, on the other hand, was pure offensive, up-close and personal, intense and purposeful jabs of chi – the very opposite of what Aang stood for.

"Better," I said with a grin as I noticed the flames were tighter to each other and the heat that radiated from them seemed to intensify. Aang gave me a cheeky smile as beads of sweat dripped from his face before his flames finally died out to nothing but a small puff of black smoke. Aang swiftly began stretching his fingers and jumping around to get his blood pumping, while I observed Aang movements.

"Aang, I really think you should try out some strength exercises."

Aang looked up at me surprised as he cracked his fingers, "What do you mean? Not buff enough?" Aang said with a taunt as he chinned at my naked torso. I laughed and shook my head, "Not because of that you idiot, for your Firebending. Your flexibility is great for Airbending and Water, but not so much for Fire. You need strength." I started. It was true. Aang was lean, and quick on his feet. But it also bit him in the ass since he lacked the strength to hold his ground.

"Come on; I'll let you train with me tomorrow. It's not like Katara won't mind an extra muscle or two." I said teasingly as Aang flushed and scratched his beard. It was funny how different Aang and Sokka were. Aang was shy, a true gentleman, while Sokka, on the other hand, had no filter regarding such matters, often telling me too much information.