My Parents Go AWOL

Hi y'all! This is my new Percy Jackson story and it will also be a trilogy. The plan for this story and the sequel are already planned out but the third story is going to be the death of me although I'm saying that about another story too which I think my saying holds more truth for that story seeing as how I have over thirty chapters and I'm barely although I'm almost done, I have to change over ten of those chapters from script to dialogue form and each chapter is about ten thousand words long and twenty pages long. But, I'd say you've had enough of my rambling. Go ahead and read the first chapter.

Quote of the Chapter:

"But, uh, you're gonna have to promise me one thing. When you see my dad on the highway to hell? Kick his ass for me."

~Luke Castellan from the Percy Jackson movie

__________________________________________________ 

Chapter 1: My Parents Go AWOL

Silena

Silena Jackson sat in the windowsill of her room drawing a building of grandeur and awe. It was strongly influenced by Greek architecture which Silena loved. She didn't know why but anything Greek fascinated her. The same went for her elder brother, Luke Jackson.

Silena glanced over at their most recent family portrait on her wall.

Her father, Percy Jackson, stood proudly behind Silena and Luke, who were sitting down. Percy's black hair contrasted sharply with her mother's blonde hair.

Her mother, Annabeth Jackson, stood next to Percy with her arm linked through his. Her blonde hair tumbled around her shoulders. Her mother's smile was full of pride and joy.

Luke was sitting in front of his father. They looked exactly alike from their eyes to their build save for the fact that Luke had inherited Annabeth's blonde locks. He was tall, taller than his father, and one of the tallest kids in their high school. Luke was going to be a senior. He also happened to be the star running back on their football team.

Lastly, there was Silena, sitting in front of her mother. She was the spitting image of her mother with the exception that she had inherited her father's jet black hair. Her hair contrasted sharply with her stormy gray eyes which lightened or darkened depending on her mood. She was going to be a junior this year.

"Silena!" Her mother called. Silena set down her sketch and went downstairs.

"Yeah, mom?" Silena asked.

"Lara's on the phone," Her mom said. Silena took the phone from her mother.

"Hey, Lara," greeted Silena cheerfully.

"Hey! Do you want to go see Sherlock Holmes?"

"Yes! Let me see if I can go though." Covering the phone with her hand, Silena asked her mom, "May I go to the movies to see Sherlock Holmes?"

"You may."

Uncovering the phone, Silena agreed to go to the movies.

"Where's Luke?" Mr. Jackson asked as he walked into the kitchen after Silena had hung up with Lara.

"He's with some friends playing football at the park," Silena replied, grabbing an apple.

"He's supposed to be back by two," Mrs. Jackson added.

"I see. And where might you be going?"

"To the movies with Lara," Silena said, grabbing her purse.