Our Grandparents Are Gods

I'm losing my mojo… not for this story but for my procedure of writing my stories. I'm getting confused on which one's I've updated and which ones I haven't. Okay, go read the story.

Quote of the Chapter:

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

~Oprah Winfrey

___________________________________________  

Chapter 2: Our Grandparents Are Gods

Luke

Silena and Luke looked at each other before dashing upstairs where the ringing was coming from. Sure enough, when the siblings went into their parents' bedroom, their mother and father's cell phones were next to the door. Luke picked the phones up, hanging up his own cell.

"This is not good," Luke mumbled. "Let's go back to the kitchen."

The two headed back down to the kitchen before looking at their parents' phones. Silena looked at what Luke was doing on their dad's phone. Luke went to the emergency contacts. He and Silena were there and so were three other people whom he didn't recognize: a Patrick, Annie, and Mr. Brunner.

"Who are they? Mom has them in her phone, too," Silena said.

"I don't know. Let's say we call… Patrick…" Luke decided. Luke hit the 'send' button before turning the phone's speaker on.

"Percy, is everything all right? Has Annabeth kicked you out of the house? I hope not," A man rambled. Silena and Luke gave each other a questioning glance.

"Uh, sir, this isn't Percy," Luke replied hesitantly. There was a minute of silence. "Hello?"

"… Who are you? Why do you have my son's phone?" Patrick demanded. Luke and Silena's mouths dropped open.

"Did you just say this is your son's phone?" Luke inquired incredulously.

"Yes, now I demand you to tell me who you are!"

"Your son?" Luke repeated.

"Oh for heaven's sake Luke, we don't have time for this!" Silena exclaimed exasperatedly. "This is Silena and Luke Jackson. We are Percy and Annabeth's kids. Our parent's are missing and it looks like a murder scene at our house. We don't know what to do!"

"Did you say Percy and Annabeth are missing?" Patrick's voice asked… right behind them. Silena and Luke whirled around.

"Holy sh-" Luke shouted before Silena screamed bloody murder. Luke forced Silena to get behind him, which he didn't have that much trouble.

The man stared at them in a confused but amused look. Of course, that was until Luke threw the knife he had been holding at him. The man didn't even have time to react before the knife embedded itself in his arm.

"You have Athena's aim I see," the man said with a smile.

"I-I can't believe-" Luke stammered as he stared at the knife he had thrown. Silena grabbed another knife in case the man decided to let go of his cool demeanor and attack them.

"I am assuming you're Luke since Silena seems to have the higher pitched voice from what I recall from our conversation on the phone," the man said.

"Dude, you just appeared out of freaking nowhere and you're asking me who am? Who the hell are you?" Luke questioned furiously.

"I, my grandson, am Poseidon, god of the seas, horses, and earth-shaker," the man said. Luke laughed.

"Right, and I'm Zeus," Luke replied sarcastically. "Dude, what the hell are you on?"