Chapter 6: Stalemate

Your PO.V.
You had taken care of those 'robbers' earlier and it felt amazing. You still had to take care of Selina, not in a sexual or caring way, because tonight would be the night she takes the money. Cobblepot wouldn't like it, which, in turn, you wouldn't like. The last bit of money to make up for stealing his would be given tomorrow. You'd miss working at the bar, but you'd still go there. It was 10:41 and you had surprisingly seen some sun, albeit covered by light clouds but it's still some sun. Edgar was resting in what little sunlight cracked through the clouds as you looked over the plans of the bar one last time. Once you looked it over, knowing there was another copy with Jeremiah, you tore it to shreds. It had no use anymore and, thus, went in the trash.

As you sat down, Edgar jumped up on your lap and curled up there. You decided to think over everything, but you couldn't. Selina was all you could think of. Just how she was, how she sounded, how she acted. Her beauty, her skills, everything. You couldn't help but think you were falling in love with her. You've been spending so much time together that you've basically become friends, even though she plans to steal your freedom. There were reasons why friends never lasted longer for you, they either died or had no interest in you. You've been alone for so long that Selina has made you more comfortable around others. You soon passed out, waking up a whole later. You checked the time, it was 4:55 pm, meaning you had to leave. Edgar noticed and got off your lap, but the instant you got up he went right back to the chair. You chuckled and said "Be a good boy Edgar." with a smile and headed out.

Earlier
Selina's P.O.V.
(F/N), of all people. I mean being a bartender has some repercussions with some drunkards, but wielding a gun? If I am going to be robbing the bar then should I be careful? I mean, I know (him/her) as a friend but would (he/she) shoot me? So many questions going through my head but one thing remained the same, (F/N) was in the equation. It may even come to not robbing the bar and just being there. I mean, at least I'll see (F/N). It's gotten to the point where I stop saying no and start saying why and when. I might go out with (him/her), if (he/she) doesn't plan to kill me. But it remains as such, now I had to make a difficult choice: rob the bar and not have a chance with (F/N), or don't rob the bar and be with (F/N). I didn't need the money, but I wanted it.

I sighed and sat down near my window, looking out at the grey sky and the sun slowly going down. I then made a decision: if (F/N) wants me, I won't rob the bar. If (he/she) sees me as a toy, say goodbye to your money. I stood up and went out the back way, easier for me than just walking out the front door. I got down to the alley and I saw (F/N), (he/she) was talking (his/her) usual path to work. (He's/She's) seen me on other occasions when I went out the back way. I then headed through the alley and hoped that I could have a chance with (F/N).

Your P.O.V.
You entered the bar and saw that Jeremiah hadn't arrived yet. It was strange seeing as he was always here, so you looked around. Everything was clean and ready for people to most likely wreck a few things. You walked to the back and saw Jeremiah, taking money out of the vault. You stayed quiet and he said "I know you're there (F/N). And I'm pretty sure you intend to kill me." You stayed silent, trying to figure out another plan. Now two people were attempting to steal your freedom. You weren't having it, he said "You don't have to work with that bloated dwarf anymore. You can work with my boss: Harley Quinn." "You've got it all wrong Jeremiah, you always have. I don't work for Penguin, he owns me until I get him his money back. Money that you're stealing. And I won't let you take my freedom." Jeremiah chuckled and said "That's where you're wrong. If you don't help me, you can say goodbye to that one-eyed kitty cat of yours." That was the last straw, he was going to die. Jeremiah said "You wouldn't want that, would you?" The door chimed, meaning customers. Jeremiah said "Now, how about we do our jobs and tomorrow after work, you help me bring this money to Harley." You stayed silent and went to do your job.

Timekip
It was almost closing time when Selina came in. She was wearing black sweatpants, a slightly revealing black top, and had sunglasses resting on top of her head. She said "Hey (F/N), how are you?" You said "I'm doing peachy, you?" "It's varying today." You leaned in close to her and whispered "I need your help Catwoman." She was shocked and first so you kept whispering "I know you plan to rob this place so here's the deal. My boss works for Harley Quinn, the money is my freedom from Penguin, and I need your help to make sure that not only my boss is dead, but that Penguin also gives me my freedom." Selina seemed more intrigued and you said "And if you want a price to help me: 8 thousand is all I have." She whispered "I was never in it for the money. I'll help you, but you have to do something for me." "And that is?" you whispered. Selina let out a silent chuckle and said "It'll come in due time." You saw that others needed a refill and Selina said "Thanks (F/N), you just made my day much better."

A/N: So here it is, the plot thickens. Just so you know I've been writing these on my phone and they've been going a lot faster than on my tablet. Getting it replaced, costs more to fix it. But anyways, make sure you vote for the next book in my conversations (there is a poll to vote on there), I hope you enjoyed, and have a great day/night. :)