DLWW Chapter 17 Part 2

Little Pudding is Sick (2)

Lu Chenghe had been sitting at a stone table with the owner of the courtyard. On the table, there were five cups of tea that were still emitting steam. Zuo Ning was lying on the cushion by Lu Chenghe’s feet, and his black eyes were looking all over the place.

This place was a bit like a courtyard house but it was made to be very refined. Tree-lined, large numbers of koi, some kind of vine plant climbing up the flower box. Looking along the corridor, it seemed especially carefree. Through the chatting that took place for a while, Zuo Ning knew that it seemed this area was going to be turned into a privately-owned restaurant. Furthermore, it was the kind of privately-owned restaurant that had a lot of style and where without personal relationships, it was unlikely to know about it.

The owner of this courtyard was Lou Minzhi who was the ninth born in his family. As a result, his friend group all called him Lou Jiu [1]. This private restaurant hadn’t been formally opened yet. However, Lou Jiu had already decided to live here to pass his rural life away from worldly affairs, so he’d just invited a few close friends to come over and visit.

As soon as Nie Yong came in, he sighed loudly. Seeing how well constructed this small courtyard was. Lou Jiu really knew how to live life; it was quiet even in a noisy neighbourhood all of a sudden, increasing its style.

Lou Jiu rolled his eyes at Nie Yong: “Can you speak like a human? You got another girlfriend again, this isn’t the same girl you brought last time.” Things like pulling out the rug from under his feet, who was afraid of who?

Nie Yong was suddenly startled: “What are you saying? Little Lu, don’t listen to his nonsense, he’s a single dog and can’t bear to see our closeness!”

The girl on his side grinned, clearly not having taken it seriously.

Zuo Ning had extended the claws hidden in his paws and was sweeping away the ants on the ground for fun. Hearing what was said, he looked up to see that brush cut head. What’s this about a single dog? He was looking down on single dogs. Thinking like this, he sat up on the cushion and clung to Lu Chenghe’s leg, wanting a hug. He was also loved by someone. He really wasn’t a single dog.

Zuo Ning, who originally had a low-profile existence, was carried onto Lu Chenghe’s body and had his fur stroked. All of a sudden, he became the focus of everyone’s attention. Nie Yong reached out to touch it but was smacked by Chen Tao: “Look at your dark hand, don’t dirty the dog’s white fur by touching it.”

Nie Yong flew into a rage out of humiliation: “Don’t discriminate against dark skin like this!”

The few people shouted, made a ruckus, made noise, and laughed for quite a while before they became quiet and sat down. At last, they could properly speak.

Lu Chenghe pacified Little Pudding for a while before undoing the leash on his body, releasing him and letting him run. In any case, the courtyard’s doors were all closed so he wasn’t worried about him running out. Although the space at home was enough for him to happily let loose every day, Lu Chenghe still didn’t want to restrain him too much as to avoid raising him to have too timid of a temper.

After making sure that Lu Chenghe wouldn’t be leaving for at least a short while, Zuo Ning started to curiously stroll around everywhere. Standing in the interesting and visually appealing courtyard, there was an inexplicable feeling of being lost in time and space. Zuo Ning felt that the owner of this courtyard really knew how to live. If he had this kind of small courtyard, how great would that be? However, with the current housing prices, he was afraid that he couldn’t even afford a small washroom in this courtyard.