DLWW Chapter 32 Part 2

The Conclusion After Kicking the Dog (2)

Lu Chenghe didn’t find those cats and dogs in the store to be too noisy. He casually found a place to sit down and while waiting for the outcome of the examination, he flipped through a few guidebooks on how to raise pets. From time to time, girls who were holding cats and dogs and came to see the vet threw looks toward him. Such a high quality guy who didn’t lose to those male idols on the Internet, it was rare to meet one in real life. Meeting by chance now, they naturally wanted to enjoy taking a few more looks.

The speed of the examination was extremely quick. Making sure that there were no problems with his bones and taking an X-ray took more or less twenty minutes. Seeing that there were also no problems with the X-ray, Wen Ting then let out a sigh of relief. Although he didn’t know why there would be injuries on this little guy’s body, it would be troublesome if there were really internal injuries.

“There are no major problems with Little Pudding. The swelling on his body should have been caused by something hitting him, but luckily, his head wasn’t injured. His body might be sore for the next few days, but it won’t affect his everyday activity and taking care of him as per usual is fine.”

Lu Chenghe heard the results of the examination and his heart was relieved. He didn’t feel that it was a burden at all to pick up Little Pudding who was already tens of pounds heavy: “Many thanks, we’ve troubled you, Doctor.”

Wen Ting smiled: “It wasn’t troublesome.” After speaking, he sent Lu Chenghe off to the doorway and watched his car depart before returning to the store.

His younger sister who was delivering a meal to him saw him beaming and approached to ask: “Who is this person, isn’t he too handsome?”

Wen Ting picked up his chopsticks and tapped her head: “Even if he were more handsome, that’s not something you should think of. Let your love-struck heart take a break, okay.”

Wen Ting’s younger sister stuck her tongue out and pulled a face as she turned around and ran off.

Lu Chenghe returned home. Mother Lu was eager to welcome them back: “Is Little Pudding okay?”

Lu Chenghe carried Little Pudding out from inside of the car and placed him onto the ground: “He’s fine. He has a few bruises on his body but after a few days, they’ll go away.”

As soon as Mother Lu heard this, she suddenly felt extremely distressed and crouched on the ground, petting the dog while she yelled at her beloved child: “How can there be such a person? Our Little Pudding didn’t provoke him. Even if he doesn’t like dogs, he should just ignore them. He actually hit him, just who is this person! Chenghe, you definitely can’t let that person get away with this like that. Otherwise, wouldn’t our family’s Little Pudding have suffered in vain?”

Lu Chenghe didn’t care about how distressed his mother was and simply walked into the home while taking off his jacket. With a slightly cold tone, he asked: “Why didn’t you bring people when you went out today?”

Mother Lu knew that this was her son settling the scores once he had the opportunity and feeling slightly aggrieved, she said: “I also didn’t expect that this kind of thing would happen. Originally, I just thought that I’d go to the store to pick some clothes and wouldn’t go anywhere else before coming back. Bringing just Yong should have been enough. Who would have imagined that we’d run into that kind of person?”

Lu Chenghe handed over his jacket into the steward’s hands and turned around to look at his mother: “Accidents are accidents for a reason.  They always happen unexpectedly. That Qi Zhi from today kept wanting to look for a collaboration with the Lu Family but was unsuccessful. Seeing that his own company was about to go bankrupt, what do you think could be done if he decided to risk everything?”