Chapter 43.2

Chapter 43.2 — Warm hotpot on a snowy night

Zuo Ning realised that they were going to a place further away when they hit the highway. He was too lazy to stare out the window and predict their route. Instead, he put his head on Lu Chenghe’s thigh and closed his eyes to rest.

Lu Chenghe began to rub and pinch the little ear. Every time Little Pudding was annoyed, the ear would flick and Lu Chenghe would just switch to the other side. The two small ears were flicking to and fro but the dog was still unwilling to open his eyes. Lu Chenghe then pinched Little Pudding’s face. “So lazy. You might be sold before you know it.”

Zuo Ning huffed twice and changed from lying on his stomach to lying on his side. The car’s heating was turned on and he felt a little stuffy and uncomfortable. However, Lu Chenghe’s nice scent made him a bit drowsy. When he felt the weight of Lu Chenghe’s hand on his body, he simple-mindedly and peacefully fell asleep.

They were still in the car when he woke up. Zuo Ning turned his head to look out the window. The sky… hm, he couldn’t tell what time it is but it was still bright outside. The snow was still falling so it must be some time in the afternoon. Zuo Ning opened his mouth wide and released a big yawn. He also pressed his paws against Lu Chenghe’s leg and stretched his waist. He shook his fur and stepped on Lu Chenghe’s leg to watch the scenery outside.

Lu Chenghe slapped his butt, “You’re very heavy you know.”

Zuo Ning wagged his tail and turned to look at Lu Chenghe. “Awoo.” Don’t lie to me. Every week my weight is within the standard. Dr Wen said so!

“Are you talking back to me?”

Zuo Ning grinned and looped his paws around Lu Chenghe’s neck before skillfully headbutting his body.

Lu Chenghe held Little Pudding like this. One person and one dog faced the window to look at the scenery. Not long afterwards, the car drove onto a side road and a holiday villa situated in the mountains appeared in front of them.

The driver had probably been here before because he smoothly drove into the villa. Compared to the scenery outside which was wrapped in silver and white, the villa’s green bamboo dotted in the white blanket of snow held a picturesque charm. There were very few people in the villa and the quiet and secluded environment soothed the body and soul.

Zuo Ning charged outside the moment the door opened. He stepped on the snow with one paw. The cool feeling swept away the oppression caused by the heat. He only took a few steps before Lu Chenghe picked him up with one hand and attached the leash to him.

“You are not allowed to run around. And you can’t play in the snow. If you don’t listen I will have the driver send you back home.”

Now that Zuo Ning was caught in a prison he could only obediently stand next to Lu Chenghe. He couldn’t help but turned his head this way and that way, soaking up the view.

The driver unloaded the big and small bags and a person wearing a work uniform came over and handed over a room card. “Mr Lu, this is your room card. Mr Lou has already arrived and has been waiting for a while.”

Lu Chenghe took the card, “Thank you.”

The staff member smiled politely. “My pleasure. I hope you will have a pleasant time.” He then gave the other room card to the driver.