Chapter 45.2

Chapter 45.2 — Little Pudding’s confession

Lou Jiu chopped up the fresh ingredients and poured them into the beef bone soup. The rich aroma quickly filled the entire room. Zuo Ning, who was playing with pebbles on the ground outside, wiggled his nose. Mm, so fragrant… Too bad he could smell it but not taste it.

Suddenly he spied something with his sharp eyes. A slightly milky white stone. It was a little translucent, not pure white but mixed with a touch of red. It looked very beautiful. The key point is that the stone was slightly heart-shaped. Even the edges were rounded.

Zuo Ning quickly used his paws to pull out the stone and carefully lay on the side of the pool to wash it with the hot spring water.

As he looked up, he saw Lu Chenghe heading towards the dining room. He looked at the stone for two seconds and then rinsed it with water again. Then he lowered his head to bite the stone and used all four paws to rush towards Lu Chenghe.

Lu Chenghe had sat down when he saw Little Pudding running over. Lou Jiu said, “Does your Pudding eat noodles? If so, I’ll cook him a bowl. Beef bone soup, no seasoning.

Lu Chenghe nodded, “Alright. He can have a bowl.”

Zuo Ning stood up and placed his front paws on Lu Chenghe’s thigh. He used a paw to grab Lu Chenghe’s hand. “Mmph.”

Lu Chenghe rubbed Little Pudding head twice and discovered that he was holding something in his mouth. So he extended his hand and a little heart-shaped stone dropped on his palm.

Lu Chenghe was slightly startled. Then smiled. “Is this for me?”

Zuo Ning wagged his tail. “Woof!” Correct! For you. Are you moved?

Lou Jiu walked over curiously. “This stone is pretty. This is the first time you’re receiving a stone as a present right? It’s even in a heart shape. Can your dog recognise shapes?”

Lu Chenghe smiled. “Coincidence.”

Zuo Ning immediately woofed twice. It wasn’t a coincidence, it was his confession!

Lu Chenghe kneaded his ear and wiped his paws with the tissues on the table. “You played in the water again?”

“Awoo.” I didn’t. I was washing your stone. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have put it in my mouth.

Zuo Ning realised that he had gotten Lu Chenghe’s trousers wet and guiltily tried to wipe it with his paw.

Lu Chenghe brushed his paws off. “Look at you. You’ve gotten so dirty after only a short amount of time.”

Zuo Ning snorted and got down from Lu Chenghe’s body. When he saw Lu Chenghe put the small stone in his pocket, he smiled in satisfaction.

Lou Jiu brought a bowl of noodles over and gave it to Lu Chenghe. “Are you going to feed him or let him eat by himself? Dogs don’t usually know how to eat noodles.”

Lu Chenghe cut the noodles so they were shorter and then blew on them for a while. Then he put the bowl on the table and patted the chair. “Up.”