Chapter 40.2

Chapter 40.2 — The conclusion of the black-hearted dog shelter

After waking up from a dreamless night, Zuo Ning joined Lu Chenghe on his daily run. After eating his dog food, he forcibly snatched an egg yolk as well. Then he ate half a mouthful of bacon from Lu Chenghe’s mouth. When he saw Lu Chenghe’s cold gaze, his tail wagged proudly.

He stayed at home yesterday. Lu Chenghe did not bring him to work because of the matter from the previous night. Fortunately, mother Lu also didn’t bother him. She was worried that he might have been uncomfortable. But now he felt completely ok. Last night he was at the peak of health and disturbed Lu Chenghe for a while. He was afraid that mother Lu would come to bring him out to play later so when he saw Lu Chenghe leaving he quickly went to high his thigh.

Lu Chenghe stared down at Little Pudding’s wagging tail, “You just stole my breakfast.”

Zuo Ning cocked his head, “?”

“So I am still hungry.”

“???”

Lu Chenghe just pulled his paws off him, “Because I am still hungry, I don’t have the strength to lift you. I can’t bring you to work.”

The steward who was sending Lu Chenghe off quietly bowed his head. It was rare that he heard the young master tell a cold joke. Now a problem arose. Was he supposed to pretend he didn’t hear it or give him some face and smile? Forget it. The joke was directed at the dog, he had better just pretend he didn’t hear it.

Zuo Ning was at the end of his rope, “Woof!” You are no longer the Lu Chenghe that I know!

He quickly rushed over when he saw that Lu Chenghe was directly going to the car after freeing himself. Half of his body was lying in the car and he lifted his head to look at Lu Chenghe, “Woof woof!” Bring me along, let’s go let’s go!

Lu Chenghe slightly lowered his head. He saw that because half of Little Pudding’s body was still outside the car, his feet were hanging in the air. “Very short legs.”

Zuo Ning bucked his hind legs and climbed into the car. He familiarly climbed onto the backseat and pounced on Lu Chenghe’s body. “Woof woof woof!” His legs weren’t short! They were longer than a corgi’s!

When the driver saw the boss close the door and have no intention to chase the dog away, he directly pressed the accelerator down. Who would have thought that a cold-blooded boss would, after raising a dog, do something like bring him to work?

Zuo Ning went straight to the side room when he got to the office. Lu Chenghe took off his coat and refreshed the dog’s water bowl. He then turned on the tablet and played a drama series. He lightly closed the door behind him after he saw that Little Pudding was quietly sitting on the bed.

Zuo Ning jumped off the bed when Lu Chenghe had started working. Carefully taking glances at the door, he turned to open the refrigerator. There was no empty juice bottle inside and since Lu Chenghe hadn’t brought up this matter in the past two days, he smiled.

He knew that there would be someone taking care of these little things every day for Lu Chenghe. They wouldn’t make a boss personally clean up a little fridge. That empty bottle must have been cleaned up by someone else. When he thought that he would be able to drink to his heart’s content every day, Zuo Ning felt that going to work was much more interesting.

After Lu Chenghe had worked for a while, Qi Wei knocked on the door and came in. When he saw Qi Wei he remembered what he had handed over to him last night and asked, “How has the matter been handled?”

When Zuo Ning heard Lu Chenghe speak, he quickly jumped off the bed and cautiously stuck his head to the door.

Qi Wei replied, “The situation is already under the spotlight. That dog kennel will no longer have a foothold in Qingnian City in the future. Lawsuits have already been filed. This morning there was a group of people who assembled and transferred the stray dogs somewhere else. However, the dogs that were raised by the shelter is their private property. They have been robbed by some overexcited dog lovers.”