Chapter 38.2

Chapter 38.2 — Let’s go to work!

After eating lunch, it was time for rest. Usually Lu Chenghe would lie down in the bedroom and browse the news to relax. But Zuo Ning didn’t know that. He saw Lu Chenghe walk towards the little room and quickly went on the bed. He left half the bed empty and eagerly looked at Lu Chenghe.

Lu Chenghe was just about to grab the remote to turn on the TV, but he paused and looked towards Little Pudding, “Want to take an afternoon nap?”

Zuo Ning immediately replied, “Woof!” Want!

He waited until Lu Chenghe took off his outer clothes and got on the bed before quickly resuming the way he usually sleeps, squeezed into Lu Chenghe’s arms and adjusted into a comfortable position. Although he did not have a habit of napping in the afternoon he was willing to adapt to Lu Chenghe. See how considerate he was?

Lu Chenghe thought that Little Pudding had a habit of taking a nap in the afternoon. The steward had said that when Lu Chenghe wasn’t at home, Little Pudding would often stay in the dog kennel and sleep. Seeing the little rascal getting ready to go to sleep, Lu Chenghe also decided not to watch the news and just sleep for a while. He picked up the remote to close the curtains. The room was entirely dark. One person and one dog adapted to each other and slept.

When Zuo Ning woke up, the other half of the bed was already empty. Lu Chenghe was outside talking to someone. Zuo Ning stretched and yawned before jumping down from the bed and drinking some water. He then saw a little fridge in the corner. He didn’t have time to closely examine the room so he didn’t discover it till now.

He strained his ears and heard Lu Chenghe currently discussing something with a number of people and wouldn’t come back for a while. So he carefully walked near the fridge and opened the door with a light push.

Although the fridge was small, it had everything it needed. There were english branded mineral waters that Zuo Ning had never seen before. And there were all sorts of unfamiliar brands of juice, coffee, and beer. Zuo Ning’s eyes lingered on the beer before turning towards the juice. He preferred fruit juice over beer. Although it didn’t fit his adult male identity, back in the day he was the campus flower. So whenever he went out with friends, they also did not drink alcohol. Even if he wanted to cultivate a drinking hobby, he didn’t have the opportunity.

He sneakily pulled out a bottle of juice and sat on the ground. He held the bottle using his back paws and used his front paws to twist the lid and with a crack, it opened! Zuo Ning looked left and right before carefully picking up the bowl full of water and tipping it out in the bathroom. He then very carefully used his paws to tip the juice bottle into his bowl. The bowl was quickly filled up with fruit juice. Zuo Ning took two sips before tearing up.

How long? How long had it been since he could drink this? That excitingly sweet flavour that he could only get a little bit of from fruit before, who knew that happiness would suddenly arrive! He finally felt like a human again!

When Lu Chenghe came back to check up on Little Pudding he saw that he was sitting by the window looking at the scenery. He helped turn on the TV and saw the little thing obediently watch him work. Originally he thought that no matter what the day would be noisy since the office was such a small area and Little Pudding had only been accustomed to stay at home before. However he didn’t think that he would adapt so well.

Lu Chenghe was very satisfied and specially rewarded two extra pieces of fruit after dinner.

Everyday a secretary would tidy up the office after the boss went home and today they happened to find an empty juice bottle in the fridge. Usually the things in the fridge were prepared for any guests that would come and if the expiry date was coming up and it had not been eaten, it would be distributed to the other employees in the office and fresh bottles would be placed inside. But finding an empty bottle in the fridge was new. The secretary thought it was a bit strange but didn’t think much about it and threw away the empty bottle before replacing it.