Chapter 44.2

Chapter 44.2 — Roast dog skewer

When Shen Tao passed by Nie Yong, he kicked his leg. “Don’t scare the dog. Little Pudding might have nightmares at night.”

Nie Yong kept hugging then took out a tag from his pocket. “Recognise this?”

Zuo Ning looked at it. Isn’t it just the dog tag? Lu Chenghe made a phone call to order another one. This time he ordered twelve of them. Having the whole set means that he can change between them every month!

Shen Tao didn’t know the inside story of Nie Yong’s breakup. He just thought that Nie Yong was tired of playing around. Now that he saw that Little Pudding’s dog tag was in his hands, he was confused. “How come you have the dog tag?”

Lu Chenghe naturally interjected, “We left it at his place last time. Asked him to bring it back.”

Nie Yong unfastened the dog tag and put it on Little Pudding’s neck. “Hey, this time wear it properly. Don’t let it fall off again. The stuff on it that fell off has already been repaired as well. Exactly the same as the original.”

Apart from Lu Chenghe, Lou Jiu and Shen Tag had no idea what Nie Yong was saying. They thought he was bored so he was just chatting with the dog. Lou Jiu set the table with food and gave a shout. “Go wash your hands before eating. Are you guys hungry?”

Nie Yong rubbed the dog’s head, washed his hands and sat at the table. The first thing he did was fill his cup with cold beer. The best accompaniment to hotpot is beer. The expensive wines were not suitable. “Come come come. Let’s hold a memorial service for my lost love!”

Zuo Ning sat by Lu Chenghe’s leg. Lu Chenghe lightly hit his cup with theirs. This was the first time Zuo Ning saw Lu Chenghe drinking. Even at the last dinner, Lu Chenghe didn’t drink any alcohol. Seeing the four males down the glass and begin to eat without inhibitions made Zuo Ning envious.

It looked like they could eat spicy food too. The boiling hot red soup and the rich hotpot flavour was double the torture for Zuo Ning who not only had a sensitive dog nose but also knew how that meat would taste when cooking in that red hot soup.

Did you think these four rich people would eat this kind of very normal thing in a normal way? Order superior quality ingredients! Get drunk on expensive alcohol! Ah~ what a smell! Zuo Ning really wanted to eat.

Lu Chenghe looked at Little Pudding laying by his feet. He got up to get a cushion and put it underneath then put the already prepared dog food into Little Pudding’s bowl.

Eating dog food and smelling the thick scent from the hotpot made Zuo Ning cry on the inside.

As the empty bottles grew in number, the men’s conversation topics also followed in expanding. Lu Chenghe was still not a man of many words even though he drank a lot. He sat quietly on the side as usual. Although he didn’t speak, no one could overlook his existence.

As the topics gradually became more emotional, Nie Yong swept his eyes across his audience. He held a drink in one hand and held back a smile. “Excluding Lou Jiu. Between the two of you, one has taken over the family business and the other is living under the control of the old man. In the future, you have to find a wife who matches your financial and social status. Before I was very prejudiced towards that kind of marriage. Why must one be at the same level before you can contemplate romance? After going back three generations, weren’t our ancestors all peasants? Now, I think I finally understand.”