𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓱 𝓸𝓯 𝓫𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼

"𝑶 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒅, 𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒖𝒑𝒐𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒖𝒑𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒂𝒚 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒐𝒖𝒔" -(𝑺𝒖𝒓𝒂𝒕 𝑨𝒍-𝑩𝒂𝒒𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒉 2:183)

𝑹𝒂𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒏 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒈𝒊𝒇𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝑨𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒉 (𝒔𝒘𝒕) 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝑴𝒖𝒔𝒍𝒊𝒎𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒇𝒚 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑪𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒔𝒆 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔.

Ramadan my favourite month of the year, the anticipation as the days lead up to it and wondering what day it will fall on. The fasting awaits us as all Muslims around the world unite to worship their lord Allah (swt). The adhan is called for Isha meaning taraweeh (sunnah prayer in Ramadan) would be starting soon.

"Hurry up Aqilah get out the bathroom!", shouts Habiba whilst banging on the door. You think she was trying to break down the door with all that racket. "Can you just wait, I'm almost done anyways!", I yell back. "Oh come on I'm bursting for the toilet", she wails. "Fine then", I say exasperatedly.

As soon as I open the door she's barging past me and practically shoving me out. "Hey what are you doing?", I ask. "I tricked you I just wanted to get ready and look in the mirror", she snickers. "So you don't even need the toilet then", I huff in annoyance. "No I do but I wanted to be the first to make wudhu," she laughs and shuts the door. That girl can be actress one day if she put her mind to it, forever tricking people to get what she wants.

Alhamdulilah at least I made wudhu. You ever get paranoid during Ramadan thinking that there is still water left in your mouth even though you spat it like twenty times. Yeah sometimes I really question myself if I swallowed water or saliva. A girl needs a mirror to do her scarf properly otherwise two humps mysteriously appear. We are going to be late at this rate, and there won't be any decent spaces left.

"Shamsa, Habiba and Aqilah what are you doing. Girls I'm leavening, so whoever's coming please hurry up I'm not trying to get there when it's full," shouts Nasreen. A combination of 'wait' and 'I'm coming' can be heard as we all rush to put our shoes on. A house full of girls can drive you crazy at times.

Taraweeh was fantastic, all the people praying together whilst the Imam's powerful yet calming voice recites the words of Allah (swt) which caresses your soul. Walking along the streets as we walk home and the smell of delicious food on stalls as engulfs the place making me hungry again. As soon as I got home I stuff my face with delicious kebab and rice. Alhamdulilah once I am full sleepiness takes over my body and I fall into a deep sleep.

#RINGING RINGING RINGING

I can faintly hear my alarm ringing in the distance and as I start to stir, I press snooze. Hmm silence a blessing for my ears, I drift back into sleep. I'm disturbed again by the same ringing which starts again and this time I force myself to open my eyes, oh how truely do I hate the bright light from my phone as it almost blinds me. Squinting I try my best to see the time as it comes in to focus. "Ahh", I shout, in panic there's twenty five minutes left till suhoor (meal consumed early in the morning by Muslims before fasting) is over. I practically run around waking everyone. We head downstairs to eat, complete silence falls on the table as everyone is trying to eat what they can in the time remaining.

Subhanallah Ramadan is almost at the half way mark and I would like to do so much with the time remaining in'sha'allah. It's a blessing Allah (swt) choose me to be still alive during these blessed days. Forgive me my lord when I become lazy for I am human and should be trying a lot harder to gain good rewards instead of being consumed by daily chores. Women tend to spend most of their time in the kitchen cooking and cleaning. Yes cooking is good and you will get rewarded from it but there is a greater reward that lies in reciting the Quran or listening to lectures.