𝓦𝓮𝓭𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 2

🎶 "𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙙, 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙖𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙥𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙, 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚, 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙬𝙖𝙮. 𝙊𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙪𝙡 𝙙𝙖𝙮, 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙡𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙨. 𝙄𝙣'𝙨𝙝𝙖'𝘼𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙝 𝙖 𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙗𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙚, 𝙖 𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙗𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙." 🎶

بَارَكَ اللهُ لَكُم ، وَبَارَكَ عَلَيْكُم ، وَجَمَعَ بَيْنَكُمَا فِي خَيْرٍ

The big day is finally here, all the preparation and anticipation built up has finally come down to this. An endless stream of guests have been flowing in and out of the house, all bearing gifts and coming to give their blessings. There was a group of ladies surrounding Aunty Amina in the living room, congratulating her. I cannot imagine what it's like at Jamilia's house.

Hussein and Uncle booked a hotel room so they could get ready on peace, without constantly bumping into a house full of women. Which means we'll be unable to see him until after the Nikkah ceremony is complete.

It is almost 11 o'clock, the bright sizzling sun shining brightly against the clear blue sky. The scent of jasmine and lavender drift through the air, along with the unmistakeable scent of overpowering perfumes mingling with each other all becomes too much for my nose to handle. I step outside to get some fresh air. I inhale deeply, relishing the feeling of the gentle breeze caressing my face and neck. Once it started to get a bit chilly and I figured the noise had die down in there, indicating that majority of the people have dispersed.

I sit down next to some lady and listen in to the story being told. One of Aunty Amina's friends  Sara was re-telling the story of her Nikkah and how her and husband meet each other. "You see back then, girls were often not even told that someone was interested in you. Often the guy would go to your farther or his dad would ask on his son's behalf for your hand in marriage. Back then it was dishonourable for you to disagree with your farther's decision.", she explains.

"So, even if the guy is ugly, you have to marry him," blurts out Habiba, causing a round of giggles and laughters. "No not necessarily, hopefully he won't be less appealing. But most girls wouldn't want to bring shame onto the family, that's how a lot of girls ended up getting married", Aunty Sara states.

"See I just don't understand that logic, why would you marry someone you don't even know. How do you know what this person is like, you're just going off with them. Even the Sahaba (companions of prophet Muhammed (pbh)) would get to know each other in a halal way," Shamsa adds.

Just then there was a loud knock on the door, Shamsa gets up to open the door. Hearing the latch being opened, I was expecting to see the new arrival, yet it was Shamsa running back to tell us it was a guy and to cover up. Why didn't she just shout it out to give us a bit more time.

Once we were all modest, in comes Yahya. The last person I expected and somehow the one I see my eye drawn to. Our eyes lock and the sizzling chemistry in the air becomes too thick, enough to make me think that I'm suffocating. I look away, why now, why him. Of all the people to grace us with their presence it had to be him.