𝓝𝓮𝔀 𝓫𝓮𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲.
"𝘼𝙨 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙨 𝙄 𝙖𝙢 𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝙞𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨, 𝙄 𝙖𝙢 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜."

So it has started, the chance for me to break free from my own struggles and start a new. Wonder why in life we often hesitate at pursuing the things our soul and hearts long for the most. Of course everyone wants a luxury life style filled with designers items, endless amount of wealth and not have to struggle for anything.

But honestly the most expensive thing most people take for granted is the opportunity to live and second to that is good health. As long as you are surround by genuine people, opportunities will come about but not until you do something about it first.

The last year of university is hard subhanallah, everything is just pilling on top of each other and feels like I'm being buried under the pressure, to do well but also to succeed for myself. One  day as I was daydreaming in class, I was thinking about all the other things I could be exploring ; so  thought it was time to go after one of the many things I wanted to accomplish whilst I'm still in this dunya.

I decided to open up  my own little boutique, selling abaya, scarves and also oud perfumes. I love interacting with people and also designing abayas. Alhamduililah everything is going well, Nasreen has been managing the finances, whilst I'm at university Habiba and Shamsa take turns running the shop.

I have come across so many different types of people from across all walks of life. The other day a lady entered the shop looking for an abaya to gift to a girl that may potentially become her daughter-in-law. According to her it is customary as a show of respect between the two families that are meeting to exchange gifts. Even if the proposal doesn't go through. Just to appreciate the effort that is put into by both families. See in most African or Middle Eastern cultures gifts are exchanges after the couple agree and the families are happy with the union.

The thing with me is I'm so picky when it comes to gifts, like if I don't like the gift, I would kindly accept and probably end up re-gifting for another occasion. Come on I'm not the only one that's done that, it's common knowledge. Just don't re-gift it to the person you've received it from, because that would be awkward. With perfumes it's very straight forward either I love or hate, no in-betweens.

I'm just trying to stay busy so that my mind doesn't wonder off to places that it's not meant to. I have been dealing with many things, there is an area in the storage room in the boutique that is leaking, I'm scared that it will ruin the new material cloths that have been delivered this week, all the way from Italy. If damp settles on them, then it will destroy them, and we really can't afford that. Trying to get a handyman to fix it is nearly impossible, and I really want to get started on the new designs.

Tomorrow's meeting needs to run smoothly, I phoned my business consult Sara and informed her on a few changes that need to be made on the new model of designs before they are realised to our clients. As I mentally ran through all the things that needed to be completed, it dawned on me that tomorrow will not only be the day that could possibly mark my independence  but the approval of my valuable client will either cement the foundations of this new business or crumble it.

I open my calendar and realise that I haven't yet booked my models for alteration as the photoshoot was this up coming Saturday. This photoshoot was really important as it means that the newly launched website could have content and people to access the clothing more easily. To be honest launching a new business has its doubts and complexities, yet if it's something you love and push yourself you will see through the struggle.

After clearing my work surface and re-sorting the material room, I lock up and make my way to catch the metro to head home. Exhaustion overcomes me as I fall flat onto my bed, letting the plump softness go the fabric to smother my face, inhaling the comforting laundry freshener. Nothing beats coming home to some clean sheets, and snuggling in bed. I forced my lazy, sweaty body off the bed in a desperate need to take a shower as I could feel the shirt I wore sticking to my skin making me feel uncomfortable.

After showering I went hunting for something to eat as the growling noises coming from my stomach sounded close to thunder rather than out of hunger. Thanks to Nasreen there was some left over pasta in the fridge, I heated it up and snuggled on the coach watching an episode of Stranger Things on Netflix. I must of fell asleep, as I was woken by Habiba telling me to go to bed. As I snuggled in bed I read the dua before drifting off back to  sleep.

اللَّهُمَّ بِاسْـمِكَ أَمُوتُ وَأَحْيَا

𝐵𝑖𝑠𝑚𝑖𝑘𝑎𝑙-𝑙𝑎ℎ𝑢𝑚𝑚𝑎 𝑎𝑚𝑜𝑜𝑡𝑢 𝑤𝑎-𝑎ℎ𝑦𝑎. 

𝐼𝑛 𝑌𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑛𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑂 𝐴𝑙𝑙𝑎ℎ, 𝐼 𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑑𝑖𝑒

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------