Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I've been at work a little over and hour and I have Juice's bottle of Gentleman's Jack behind the counter. The door opens and it's Juice. "Hey Princess." he says as he walks in. "Hey Juice." I say getting the bottle out from behind the counter. He heads to the shelf where he normally goes and I say "Juice." He turns to look at me and sees me with the bottle already there. He walks up to the counter and says again "See, you're the best." I ring him up and he asks "Price go down?" and looks at me confused. "Employee discount." I tell him. He looks at me and I say "Hey, you're feeding me. I can give you my discount." He grabs my hand and pulls me part of the way across the counter, gently and meets me halfway. "Thanks Princess." he says before kissing my cheek and I feel it tingle and I blush. He pays and says "You bring it?" he asks and I know what he's talking about. "In my jeans." I tell him. "Good. Keep it on you." he says and I look at him concerned. "Just want you safe Princess." he says. "I'll keep it on me. Started carrying it in my purse too." I tell him. "Good. How's your aim?" he asks. "Been a while but I can manage." he tells me. "After you get up tomorrow, we'll head out for some target practice." he tells me and I nod. "Okay." I tell him. He winks at me and says "See you in the morning Princess. Call me if you need me." he says. "I will. Be safe." I say and he nods before heading out the door. I see a woman walk in just as he was leaving and heard our interaction. "Boyfriend?" she asks. I look at her and she's petite, blond, nice rack. "Customer." I tell her simply, not giving anything away. "You should stick to your own color." she tells me before putting her purchase on the counter. I ring her up and before she heads out she says "Pretty thing like you can do better than some spic." before walking out the door before I can respond.

The next morning, I clock out and walk out the door to see Juice sitting there on his bike waiting for me. He hands me a spare helmet and I put it on and get on behind him. We head to the diner and as soon as we walk in, he sits on one side and I sit on the other. "How was your night?" he asks. "It was okay. Slow." I tell him and he looks at me concerned. "Did something happen?" he asks. "Not really. Just a customer said something that bothered me." I tell him. "What did they say?" he asks. "Nothing. It's not important." I tell him, not wanting to tell him what was said. "Princess, you know you can tell me right?" he asks. "I know. But it's not important. How was your night? Sleep well?" he asks. "I did. Drank about half the bottle before hitting the shower and heading to bed." he says. "Damn. Missed the shower again." I say smirking. He looks at me and says "Be careful what you wish for." I laugh. "Oh my wishes are very specific." I tell him. "Really? And just what are those wishes?" he asks. "Oh no. I'm not telling you that." I tell him. He laughs and asks "Why not?" I shake my head and say "Just trust me on this." I tell him. After we eat, he insists on paying and takes me back to my car. He walks me to my car and opens the door for me. Before I get into the car, he stops me. Cupping my face, he kisses me softly and deepens the kiss just a little bit. When we separate, I whisper against his lips "Wish number one." He smiles against my lips and kisses me one more time. I get into the car and he says "I'll follow you home. Make sure you make it." he tells me. "Okay." I say softly. I get into my car and head to my house. He pulls into the driveway behind me and I walk to his bike. He shuts it off as I walk up and I lean over and kiss him one more time. "Be safe today." I say softly. "I will Princess. Sleep well and text me when you wake up." I nod and he kisses me one more time before starting his bike up and heading out of the driveway after making sure I was inside.

I head to the shower and then lay down and I drift off to sleep thinking about that kiss. I wake up a few hours later and go to the kitchen to get coffee. I sit at the table drinking coffee and look at my phone. I pull up the text app and send a text.

A: Good afternoon Juice.

J: Hey Princess. How'd you sleep?

A: Really good. How was your day?

J: Not too bad. Better now. What are you doing?

A: Drinking my coffee. What are you doing?

J: Thinking about bringing my girl something to eat.

A: You're girl huh?

J: Yep. Mine. You hungry?

A: I could eat.

J: Be there in a few.

A: Be careful.

Fifteen minutes later, there's a knock on my door. I look through the peephole and see Juice standing there with a smile on his face. I open the door and as he walks in, he kisses me softly and says "Hey Princess." I smile and say "Hey Juice." We head to the kitchen and he starts pulling the food out of the bag. "I wasn't sure what you liked." he said. "This is perfect." I tell him. We sit down and eat in comfortable silence and after eating, we head to the couch. We're sitting there side by side and I am leaned into his side with his arm around me. "Thanks for dinner." I say. "Gotta make sure my girl is fed." he says and I laugh. "You sure that's what you want Juice?" I ask. "Why wouldn't I?" he asks and I shake my head. "What is it?" he asks and I shake my head. "What?" he asks again. I sit up and look at him. "My last boyfriend used to say shit. I know none of it's true but it's still in my head a bit." I tell him. "Look, I want this. I like you a lot and I know you like me. We don't have to rush into anything just spend time together and see where it goes. No pressure." he says. "I'd like that Juice." I say. He kisses me softly and says "Good because I really like kissing you." he says and I start laughing.

A little later, I start getting ready for work and head out to the car. "You coming by later?" I ask. "Yeah. Gonna come see you but don't know if I'll need that bottle tonight since I'm drunk on you." he says and I bust out laughing. "Too corny?" he asks laughing. "Little bit." I say. He pulls me close and says "I'll see you later Princess. Call me if you need me." Kissing me one more time, he lets me go and I say "Be safe. Please." He nods and we head our separate ways.