freedom

"Sign here please" the woman at the desk said before handing over Toni's forms. She'd finally been to court and her annulment had been approved. She was finally free and didn't have to live with her shitty foster parents anymore. "Thank you" she said excitedly as she grabbed the documents and walked out of the court building. Cheryl stood leaning against her car at the bottom of the steps. Toni ran down in excitement and basically jumped on her to hug her. "i'm so happy" Toni said smiling at her girlfriend. "i'm so happy for you babe" Cheryl replied. Toni quickly kissed her and then they got in the car. Betty and Veronica were in the back. "Congrats T your a free woman" Veronica said. Toni turned around and smiled at them both.

Betty and Veronica were in a weird place at the moment. They were both single and they both clearly liked each other, they were just scared to admit it because that would make it real. They snuck around and were always together. They thought that Toni and Cheryl didn't know but they totally knew. As far as Veronica was concerned, Toni and Cheryl thought they kissed that one time and it was a mistake. But they knew more. Of course they knew more. Toni looked at Cheryl and Cheryl looked back at her. They were both thinking the same thing. They were still parked so Cheryl and Toni both turned so that they were complete facing the two girls in the back. Betty and Veronica were confused. "Look girls" Cheryl started i'm a soft and gentle tone. "we know that you two have been sneaking around together" she continued. Betty immediately started blushing and Veronica's eyes widened. "We just want you to know that you don't have to hide whatever this is when your around us. We are your best friends and if u two like each other then explore that. But please, don't try to hide from us. We aren't judgey and we support you" Toni finished. Betty and Veronica both smiled at their friends and then smiled at each other. They didn't respond but, in the moment they didn't need to.

Cheryl started the engine and they drove into the city. The plan was to celebrate Toni's new freedom for the whole day with drinks and dancing and each other. The girls loved any excuse to go out and have a good time so obviously this was a great opportunity. They parked and went to the first bar which was called 'The Botanist'. It was a really cool place and all the drinks were amazing. They were definitely instagram worthy drinks. The girls sat in a booth and talked and laughed and drank like they usually would. "To T" Betty said lifting up her glass. They clinked them together and all took a sip.

!!!

It reached 12 and the girls were all pretty drunk. They walked around the brightly lit city streets and basically just giggled at everything. Toni and Cheryl held hands as the staggered down the path. Betty and Veronica linked and walked beside them. "Wait..." Cheryl said holding her car keys up. "how are we getting home? i can't drive" she said and they all started laughing hysterically. "we're stupid" Veronica said as they all continued to laugh. "No need to worry..." Toni said in a weird voice and she stood in a bench. "i can fix this" she said as if she was being a superhero or something. They all laughed some more and Toni dialled a number on her phone. It took her a few tries but eventually she managed to press the right numbers. "Hey bestieeeee" she said in a high pitched excited voice. She spoke on the phone for a while as the other girls stood and watched her. "love you more than anyone..." she said and then paused when she saw Cheryl's face. She knew she was joking but it was funny. "...wait no...love you more than anyone except Cheryl. I love her more" she said with a cheesy grin when Cheryl smiled at her.

"No need to worry my darling Sweetpea is on route" she said jumping down off the bench and wrapping her arm around Cheryl's waist. They all smiled at were relieved that they were able to get home. "i don't know about you guys but i need snacks" Veronica said pointing across the street to a little convenience store. The girls all nodded and they began walking across the street.

They walked into the store and began grabbing everything that looked appealing to them. Cheryl grabbed loads of candies and Betty and Veronica grabbed chips. Toni grabbed a little bit of everything included a pack of beers for Sweetpea to thank him for picking them up. They all walked around the rather large store for about 30 minutes filling their little basket with a lot of things. "He's here you guys" Toni said reading the text message on her phone. They paid for all their stuff and walked outside to see Sweetpea and Fangs sat in his car. "dude, we aren't gonna fit" Toni said as Sweetpea realised Betty and Veronica were there too. "you didn't tell me there was four of you" he replied to her. "Let's just squeeze Cheryl started, "who's the smallest?" she continued and everyone looked at Toni. She rolled her eyes. "Okay so me Betty and Veronica will sit in the seats and you can seat on my knee" she said taking charge of the situation. Cheryl was always good and sorting things out in a responsible way. She was definitely the mother of the group. They all got in the car, still drunk. It was a tight fit but it worked and everyone was comfortable. "Pea i got you these" Toni said stretching over and giving him the beers. "you can have some too Fangs" she said softly. "oh why how kind of you?" Fangs replied laughing at her.

Cheryl wrapped her arms around Toni's waist and Toni had her arms over Cheryl's shoulder. "Your so tiny and so light i don't even feel like your sitting on me" Cheryl said giggling at the smallness of her girlfriend. "i'm not that small i don't know why everyone says that?" she said trying to defend herself. Everyone burst into laughter. Toni pulled a fake sad face and looked down. "it's cute" Cheryl whispered in her ear. "i like my height...yous are all just giants" she said still defending herself. Everyone laughed at how much she was taking their jokes to heart. Toni turned to look at Cheryl and they both smiled at her. "Are you staying at mine tonight?" Toni said quietly. "Definitely" the redhead replied smirking. Toni bit her bottom lip and they both smiled at each other. Veronica purposely cleared her throat and they both turned to look at them. Toni and Cheryl laughed and their uncomfortable friends.

Sweetpea pulled up at Betty's house and she i clipped her seatbelt.  "Thank you Sweetpea" she said and then she turned to Veronica. You could tell that she was trying to pretend that no one else was there. "My parents are away and i don't wanna be alone. Do you wanna stay over?" she said softly. She grabbed Veronica's hand and intertwined their fingers. Everyone watched with the jaws dropped in shock. Shy, innocent Betty hadn't come home with them that night. Veronica smiled at her and nodded. "Bye guys love u all" V said as they literally jumped out of the car and ran into Betty's house.

"i can't fucking believe that just happened" Toni said and they both screamed in excitement. "i'm confused but okay" Fangs said looking at Sweetpea who was also confused. Toni lifted her hand up in the air and Cheryl high fived it. They took full credit for the blossoming of that relationship even though it wasn't really them.

Sweetpea drove Cheryl and Toni to Toni's house. They thanked him and climbed out of the car. "i've had a great day" Toni said as they walked into the house. Toni put her bag of snacks down on the coffee tab and collapsed onto the sofa. Cheryl grabbed the TV remote. She put a cushion on Toni's knee and lay with her head on her lap. She put on the notebook which Toni had seen before. They sat all cosied up and watched it together. It got towards the end of the film and Toni heard some quiet sniffling noises. She let it go. Toni softly played with Cheryl's hair as they watched the end of the film. "why would someone make a movie like that?" Cheryl said sitting up and looking at Toni. She had mascara all over her eyes and she was a mess. "oh babe" Toni said hugging her as she cried more. "it's just a movie it's okay" she said trying to comfort her. Cheryl soon stopped crying and rubbed her eyes. "i'm sleepy" she whispered putting her head on Toni's shoulder. Toni stood up and grabbed her hand. "come on" she said pulling her up and walking to her bedroom holding her hand.

Toni sat down on the bed and Cheryl sat on her knee. She softly kissed her and ran her hands through her long brown hair. After a few minutes she stood up and took off her clothes. She put an oversized sweatshirt on and climbed under the covers. Toni did the same and also climbed into the bed. They lay looking at each other for a while. Cheryl softly put Toni's hair behind her ear before kissing her again. "Goodnight my love" she whispered as she snuggled into Toni.