goodbye for now

Cheryl lay on her bed twiddling with her hands. Toni sat at her desk studying. Cheryl was very bored. She stood up and walked towards Toni. As she wrapped her arms around Toni's waist from behind she softly kissed her neck and placed her head on her shoulder. "Honey...i love you but i know what your doing and i really really need to study" she said not putting her pen down. Cheryl rolled her eyes and sighed. "But look at me...i'm cute and i'm bored" she said smirking at Toni. "You are the cutest...but i'm not smart like you. I have to study otherwise i'm gonna fail and i won't get to go to college" Toni started. "Look, it's 6.00 o'clock now, give me till 8, and then after that i'm all yours" she finished spinning round on the desk chair to look at Cheryl. "okay" she said in a deep, sad voice. She knew she wouldn't convince Toni otherwise so she decided to go along with the plan. Cheryl put on her TV and started watching some trashy reality show that started playing. She laughed to herself as Toni tried to concentrate. "ugh i can't do this" Toni said throwing her pencil and resting her head on the desk. Cheryl noticed Toni's frustration and decided to help her. "Yeah you can" she said as she stood behind her. She looked over her shoulder at the work that she was doing. "babe, your literally doing it right" she said as she scanned across the page. "Well it's not because it's not the same as the answer in the text book. look!" she said as she pointed to the answer. Cheryl looked confused for a moment. "Babe. Your on the wrong answer page" she said as she turned the textbook one page more. She pointed to the correct answer and Toni had written the right thing. "Oh" she said embarrassed at herself. "You can do this. Your smarter than you think you are" Cheryl said smiling at her and kissing her on the cheek.

Cheryl lay on her bed, bored out of her mind, waiting for the clock to reach 8. It ticked slowly as she scrolled through her twitter feed for the 10th time. She put her phone down and lay watching Toni as she studied. She had her glasses on and her hair was tied back. She looked cute when she was concentrating. Cheryl couldn't help but smile. "Stop staring its creepy" Toni whispered jokingly. "i'm not staring i'm gazing" Cheryl replied walking over to her. "Still creepy" she whispered as she span her chair round to face Cheryl's direction. She slowly walked over to her and bent down so that she was at Toni's height. "Oh look at the time" she whispered holding up her phone to Toni's face. She leaned over and kissed her softly. "i'm so over that anyway" she said standing up and running her hands through her hair as she kissed her.

!!!

Cheryl and Toni lay in bed together enjoying each other's company. It was a Saturday morning and they didn't have any plans. Simultaneously, there phones made a noise. They both grabbed them and realised what the notification was. "fuck" Toni said looking at Cheryl. "It's our SAT scores" Cheryl replied nervously. The redhead unlocked her phone and concentrated on the document that had been emailed to her. A sigh of relief came from her as she turned the screen to Toni. "Babe!" she said excitedly kissing her. "you did amazing!! that's gotta be enough for college right?" she asked. "I mean yeah i think so" Cheryl replied back feeling confident and happy. Toni looked at her phone and hesitantly opened it. She didn't react when she was reading the screen.

She looked at Cheryl with a tear in her eye. Cheryl sat up but didn't reply. She turned her phone around so Cheryl could see the screen. "oh my god" Cheryl said excitedly. "Toni...you got an A in photography and Art, and you got Bs in english math and science" she said excited for her. "i know" Toni said smiling as a tear fell down her cheek. "i'm so relieved" she said softly. Her whole body relaxed and she sighed heavily. Cheryl leaned over and kissed her before wiping her tear away. "i am so proud of you" she whispered and kissed her again.

Cheryl already knew which college she wanted to go to. The woman of her family had gone their for generations. It was very prestigious and hard to get into, but with her grades and legacy status she was bound to be admitted. "I know we haven't really talked about this but, what college do you want to go to?" Cheryl asked. Toni paused and looked at her. "There's one that i love and may have a chance of getting into know but...i don't know" she said going quiet at the end of her sentence. "Toni" Cheryl said looking at her. "it's the Academy of Art" she started, "in California" she continued sitting up and looking at Cheryl. "Wow, that's far" Cheryl said quietly looking down at her hands. Toni grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers. "...but babe, i want you to be happy. I know it's your dream and your passion and you should follow it because your amazing and i want everyone to know how great you are" she continued. Toni smiled softly and hugged her. "We have time anyways. i might change my mind, i don't know yet. It's just an option." Toni said trying to change the subject. "i need you to promise me something" Cheryl said squeezing her hands. Toni nodded and looked into her eyes. "if you get an offer for that college, i need you to promise that you won't turn it down because of me" she said not breaking eye contact. Toni looked down. "Promise me" she said again. Toni leaned over and tightly hugged her. She kissed her softly. "i promise" she whispered and then hugged her again. Toni felt all weird inside. She was happy about her results and excited about her future, but at the same time she felt scared because she didn't know what was gonna happen. She would be so far away from Cheryl that everything would be so different. The thought of being away from her made her feel all empty inside and in that moment she didn't want to even imagine it. "i love you so much" she said as she softly kissed her lips. "and i love you more" she replied smiling at her.

!!!

Toni loaded up the last box into her car and closed the trunk. She walked inside to her empty house and quickly scanned the rooms to make sure she hadn't forgotten anything. She walked into the kitchen and Cheryl quickly turned her back to her. "Cheryl" she whispered softly as she walked up behind her and touched her arm. She down round quickly and flung her arms over Toni. Tears streamed down her face as she squeezed her tightly. "Please don't cry" Toni said with a shaky voice and tears started to fall from her eyes too. "i'm so fucking proud of you" Cheryl said with a smile as she held the side of Toni's face. "i'm so happy that your finally getting to live your dreams and that you finally have an opportunity to start a life" she said in between short sharp breaths. "My life already started when i met you" Toni replied holding her waist tightly. "That first day when i walked into riverdale high and you tried to give me a tour and i was a bitch to you" she said and they both giggled a little. "Everything i am now is because of you. My art changed when i met you. I found myself through loving you and it stirred a new passion in me. It's all because of you babe and i can't thank you enough" she said hugging her. "i'm gonna miss hugging you every day" Cheryl whispered still crying. "me too" Toni replied. They walked outside to the car and Toni turned to look at Cheryl again. Cheryl stopped forward and kissed Toni lovingly. She hugged her again tightly. "Facetime me when you stop for gas and when you get to the airport and when your flight land and when you get there. And call me everyday and snapchat me your room" Cheryl said quickly. Toni smiled at her. "of course i will" she replied smiling. "i love you more than you will ever know" Toni said holding her hand. Cheryl squeezed her one last time. "i love you so much" she said as Toni smiled. She opened her car door and turned to look at her again. "September 22nd" she said pointing at her. "September 22nd" Cheryl replied pointing back. "Goodbye for now" Toni said with a smile. She climbed into the car and put her seatbelt on. She started the engine and blew kisses through the window to the redhead who still had tears rolling down her face. "i love you" she mouthed again.

She pulled away from thistle house and started driving along the road. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she blasted her music through the car speakers. The further she drove the worse she felt. She hated the thought of being apart from Cheryl but she knew that if anyone could make it work, it was them two.