babies

"honey, it's a baby, not a bomb" Toni said smirking as she sat opposite Cheryl in Betty and Veronica's living room. All the girls laughed apart from Cheryl who looked terrified. "Look here" Toni said as she stood up and walked over to Cheryl. She helped her cradle the baby and sat next to her. "See there you go" she continued encouragingly. Cheryl relaxed a little into the sofa and looked down at the tiny little baby that was in her arms. Babies scared her. She never been around them so she didn't really know what to do. Toni had basically bullied her into even holding this one. "Ivy likes you" Betty said with a smile noticing how content she was in Cheryl's arms. Cheryl sat in awe and Toni smiled to herself because of it. It made her heart melt. The girls all had a long chat as Ivy slept in Cheryl's arms. She was the cutest little baby ever.

It was getting late and Cheryl and Toni needed to get home. They had a sitter watching Leo but they said they wouldn't be home too late. "It's been so good to see you guys" Cheryl said as she opened the front door gently. "yeah it really has! we need to do this more often" Betty replied. They all nodded in agreement and the girls left.

As Toni drove home she smiled to herself as she thought about Cheryl with Ivy. She got a fuzzy feeling inside but she didn't really know why. "What are you smiling at?" Cheryl asked as she smirked and raised her eyebrows. "Just you" she replied smiling even more. "what about me?" she asked as she playfully poked her in the arm. "Just when you were holding the baby, you were so scared and so cute" she replied. "i was not scared...i was fucking terrified" she replied which made Toni laugh. "did you see how tiny she was? and how small her little hands were and...and she was just so small. Like how is something that like even real, how is she a person?" she rambled without taking a breath which made Toni laugh even more.

Toni pulled up on the driveway and turned the key to turn off the car engine. Cheryl opened the car door and began to get out before realising that Toni hadn't moved. She turned back in her seat and looked at her confused. "Should we have one of those?" she said with a sweet smile. "One of what?" Cheryl replied completely oblivious to what she meant. "A little baby" Toni replied with a soft voice. Cheryl span round to sit back facing Toni and closed the car door. She looked shocked. "A baby...like a real life baby?" she replied with a shaky voice. "No a pretend one...-of course a real baby idiot" she replied smiling. There was a few seconds of silence before Cheryl knew what to say. "A real baby...wow" she said leaning back in her seat and looking out of the window. "Look i know it's a huge deal and we haven't ever spoke about kids before but i saw how you were with ivy tonight and it just made me start thinking. Like imagine having a baby of our own to love and to raise. I've always wanted more kids and it was always my plan to have more when i found the right person. Your my person and i wanna have little babies with you" Toni said softly with a small smile as she grabbed Cheryl's hand.

Cheryl couldn't help but smile at her. "What if i do it wrong? or what if i'm not good at being a mom?" she replied softly looking down. "You will get it wrong, everyone does. I got it wrong millions of times with Leo...i still do in fact. But i know 100% that you'll be a great mom" she replied. Cheryl blushed and smiled at Toni again. "Okay" she replied looking deep into her eyes. A sort of shocked but happy look came on Toni's face. "i can't believe i'm saying this but yeah okay. Let's have a baby!!"

Toni's face lit up and she reached over and hugged Cheryl tightly. They parted and both just smiled at each other. "I can't even tell you how much i love you" Toni whispered as she gently placed her hand in the side of Cheryl's face. Cheryl leant in a kissed Toni softly. They were both excited for the next chapter of their lives together.

!!!!

"Okay so you've chosen doner A35Z29 is that right?" the doctor said as she scammed over the documents in front of her. Cheryl and Toni nodded and agreed as they sat opposite her. "Okay great, and who's gonna be carrying?" she continued. Toni grabbed Cheryl's hand a squeezed it tightly. They both turned and looked at each other and Toni winked and smiled. "I am" Cheryl said in a kind of shaky but happy voice. It had taken a while for them to decide, but in the end Cheryl decided that she wanted to know what it was like to be pregnant. "I've scheduled for appointment for next tuesday at 10.30 with Dr Isaac" the doctor said with a smile as she handed the forms over to Cheryl. "Thank you so much" Toni said with a smile as she stood up and shook the doctors hand. "Your very welcome! I hope everything works out for the both of you" she continued. Cheryl and Toni left the room and they both felt nervous but also very excited.

"Babe i can't believe this is actually happening" Cheryl said as they got into the car. "I can believe it. Ever since i was little i always imagined having kids with the love of my life. I didn't get to have that with Leo because i was a single mom. But this is what i've always dreamed of. I actually can't even tell u how happy i am right now" Toni said as her eyes started filling with tears. "Aw babe" Cheryl whispered as she hugged her. They both got emotional and cried happy tears before driving home.

They got home and Toni cooked dinner. They ate as they talked about their not so distant future. "Here" Toni said handing Cheryl a glass of wine as she sat down next to her in the sofa. She sat so that she was close to her and she played with her hair. She leant over and softly placed a kiss on her neck just below her jawline. Then another. And another. And another. Cheryl put her wine glass down on the table, sat back and looked into Toni's eyes. She leant in and kissed her softly, pulling away every now and again to just look at her. She loved her so much that she could just sit and look at her for hours. She was so beautiful and amazing and sexy and she was just completely in awe of her always.

Cheryl smirk at her and bit her lip and she leaned in a kissed her again. "Your so sexy" she whispered between soft kisses as her hands wandered around Toni's body. They both sunk back into the sofa. "Honey?" Cheryl whispered as she kissed her. "do you promise you'll still kiss me like this when i'm all fat and pregnant?" she said which immediately caused Toni to laugh and pull away. "Of course i will silly" she said still laughing. She sat and gazed into her eyes and played with her long red hair. Toni's mind wandered and she thought about everything her and Cheryl had gone through. They'd ended up together after all these years and she was the only person she wanted to be with forever.

Toni's heart quickened a tiny bit and she spoke. "Marry me?" she said softly still staring into Cheryl's eyes. A shocked expression came over her face as she sat up a little. "W-what?" she replied. "Marry me?" she asked again. There was no hesitation of timidness in her voice at all. She was so certain. A small smile came on Cheryl's face. "Are you serious?" she said with a quiet nervous giggle. "I've never been more serious about anything in my life. I wanna marry you. I want to be your wife. I want to be with you forever" she whispered back softly as she intertwined their fingers. Cheryl smiled at her and her eyes filled with tears. She leant over and kissed her softly. "Of course i'll marry you" she replied cuddling into her. Both of them felt all warm and fuzzy inside. The moment was so perfect. It was dramatic or over exaggerated. It was simple and intimate which had always been their style. They lay in each other arms for hours, and neither of them had ever felt so loved.

!!!

"Seriously how long does this stupid thing take?" Toni said in frustration as she paced around the kitchen. Cheryl sat staring waiting for the timer to be up. "Like come on its 2019 at these things not instant yet" she said frustrated again. Cheryl chose to ignore her. She was too nervous to focus on anything else.

2 minutes remained.

Everything could changed. 2 minutes are their lives would be suddenly so different. She was excited but also scared. A lot of emotions ran round in her mind actually, but she remained calm. Toni said down next to her and held her hand as the timer slowly reached the end. Cheryl picked it up and looked at it. "Oh my god" Toni whispered as she leaned back in her chair and put her hands over her mouth. Cheryl turned and looked at her and immediately began to cry.

"Babe, we're pregnant!"