Part 9

It wanted to play, it was finally in control and could do whatever it wanted, but that wouldn't last. Its host was too strong for it to overshadow without permission. This was a special case, another being introduced to his system had overwhelmed him and left it in control. For now.

The other being hadn't been exceedingly strong, but it wasn't a pushover either. The pain was so strong that it could actually feel some of it emanating from the body even though it was usually removed from such things. The strain of two of them within his mind probably should have killed him, but it had forced the other out and now there was just the two of them again. At least, it hoped he was still there, it had been with him so long it didn't know what it was to be alone anymore.

Theirs wasn't a normal situation. The human was not supposed to maintain control after having a being called into them, they were supposed to fade back into a dark corner as the being took over, but he hadn't faded. At first that had frustrated it; it had chosen him because he was a small child, easy to overpower. The two of them had been forced to come to terms with each other over the last twenty years and it had come to hold a grudging respect for him.

He woke up in the dark, aching down to his bones. He fumbled around trying to find a light or something. He could feel something crusted to his hand. Not again, he couldn't do this again, what would the aftermath be this time?

A dim light illuminated the small area, he was alone, his palm covered with black that flaked off as he moved his hand. He breathed a sigh of relief, it wasn't the rusty red of blood, he didn't know what he'd do if it had killed someone again. Not that there was much he could do, the two of them were stuck together and had been for almost as long as he could remember.

I didn't kill anyone, if that's what you're worried about. It said.

"Good." He winced and laid back down. "Where are we?"

Safe.

"Safe where?"

Hidden from my kin until you recover your strength. I gathered enough supplies while you were... away.

That was surprisingly forward thinking of it, but he was too tired to fully appreciate that. "Everything hurts."

I know. Rest.

***Author's Note***

Thanks for reading!

What do you think of it? I had a strange impression of it; like he could be the bad guy, but maybe that wasn't the whole story.

If you liked it don't forget to comment and vote :)