Part 16

She watched him as he slept. It was fascinating, she could faintly sense her kin while the young man was asleep. She wondered what it could sense while he was unconscious. Obviously, it could exert control if it was desperate enough, but it should be in control all the time, the way she was. There was no division between her and the girl before. She was here and while the girl's memories remained, that was all that was left of her. She knew that some of the others had retained more of their human host, but none of the humans were in control. Except the client and that was only because he held their names, he wasn't a host and probably never would be.

She could only hope that it had been right about the client and that he wouldn't use her name ever again. She had every confidence that it would make good on its threat, but wasn't sure if the client was smart enough to recognize that.

Maybe he would let her talk to it some more in the morning.

***Author's Note***

Thanks for sticking around to read my strange story!

Sorry this one is so short. As of right now this is as far as I've gone with the story. What do you think so far? Would you like me to continue? (I probably won't unless someone is interested or inspiration strikes again)

If you liked it don't forget to comment and vote :)