Three

By the time I was cleared, I had bond posted and was free to go. There was still going to be a civil suit for me shooting the person trespassing, but honestly, it would ultimately fall with what they did. This is not the first time they have tried.

Going out into the lobby, Gunner was there with Johnston, Minx, Harris, Corbin, and Clairmont.

"Why the hell are all of y'all here? Why aren't you at the property?"

"They're off-duty. I sent their replacements in." Gunner said calmly. "You being arrested after shooting someone for pulling a gun on Minx was a little more important than staying at the house."

"That... Never fucking mind." I sighed. "Thank you." Gunner pat my shoulder.

"Go get your things. The Officers need to speak with you anyways." I went to collections, and took my things.

"You will be allowed to resume duty unarmed until the hearing. We cannot keep you from your job, because that is unconstitutional." I nodded. I was okay with having to go hand-to-Hand if I had to. "Avoid physical altercations if possible. But you already know how this all plays out. We know you did what you had to do." The Officer gave me a quick two finger salute. I just nodded back, and left with the group.

"I'll drive us back. Come on." Johnston got in the Suburban, while Harris opened the passenger back door for me. I climbed in, and pressed my head against the window. It was already midnight and I was not going to go without nightmares tonight. I already knew it.

Before I knew it we were back at the property, and the other two had gotten out... but Clairmont hadn't.

"Your demons are eating at you." It wasn't a question. I didn't respond, either. "I'm sorry Johnston didn't radio back, we were too close. We were hiding."

"No, you were right to do so." I rubbed my face. "I just... I don't know why it's..." I started to actually fucking break down. I couldn't breathe.

"Hey, Hey, Hey! Look at me!" He broke all the fucking protocols. He grabbed my forearms, not roughly, but enough to snap my attention. "Look around you. Grass. Houses. Birds. Wildlife. Not Desert, Desert corpses, blood, bullets, and spewed words in Farsi or Arabic about being killed for a God." I regained my bearings quickly. "Are you good now?" I took a couple of deep breaths and nodded.

"Thank you." I wiped my tears away.

"I cleared my schedule tomorrow and got my shrink to open six spots, off VA radar... It's up to you if you want to go. The others are going, and the company is paying for it." I did think about it and I did take my psychiatrists words into suggestion. I did need to seek counseling more often and I needed to seek it almost immediately after an incident like this.

"Yeah, I'll go." He squeezes my shoulder and he got out of the SUV. The replacements were posted, as well as a couple of police units around the main road. The officers were carrying shotguns, in plain sight. They weren't playing around now, and they definitely weren't cheap shotguns, either. Military grade Semi-Auto shotguns, magazine based, ten round capacity, laser equipped.

Back in the house, I went straight to my room, where everything was already locked away. My gun would be in holding until after trial, which is what pissed me off the most.

Agnes came in with my pistol, immediately locking it away in my closet for me. I gave her my set of keys to the cases, and told her to take them elsewhere. She nodded, and her facial expression said it all.

"Do you want anything, Leysa?" She didn't bother with formalities, but her hushed tone said she was worried.

"I'll be alright, thanks." She took my weapons, probably giving them to Harris or Johnson, maybe even Clairmont, to lock away so I couldn't get to them.