Six

Two days went by with no problems. The delivery came in on Monday right as we got home from the office.

"I didn't order anything..." Clairmont raised an eyebrow.

"I did." I hoisted the punching bag over my shoulder, and brought it down to the gym.

"Oh..." He said in realization.

"Yeah, I was pretty furious." I unpackaged it and hung it up. "So, it's been replaced."

"Well, thank you for replacing it."

"My fault, my responsibility." I said coolly, disposing of the trash, and going back upstairs. "Are you going for your run?"

"Not tonight, the trial is tomorrow." It had slipped my mind. "You forgot, didn't you?" I shrugged.

"I have no doubt I'm not going to lose." I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge, and took off my badge and put it on the counter. "If I am not needed for anything else-"

"No, you're dismissed." He stated in a tone that sounded defeated, but held worry at the same time.

"Boundaries, Scorpio. Don't worry about me. I'm the one who does the worrying, because it's my job." I clicked my tongue, and went off to my room.

*

All of us had to be at the trial, Johnson included.

"On the matter of Jameson V. Romera, please rise." We all stood. I was called first to tell my side of the story before the second person involved came in with the family of the man who died. "Please sit. Romera, please come forward." I went to the bailiff and placed my hand on the book of law. They had since phased out the Bible, for which I was grateful. "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, on the honor of your name and all those you carry?"

"I do." I stated with my head held high.

"Please take the stand." I sat in the prosecution chair.

"Ms. Romera, can you please tell me the purpose of your job?" The judge asked me first.

"I am a licensed armed officer and bodyguard with Eagle Protection services. High profile clients hire bodyguards when they feel like they might be threatened and we are here for the purpose of deterrence and force, if necessary." I didn't need any lawyer for this.

"And can you please state why you were the one to fire the shot, and not any of the three officers on the property?" I took a single moment.

"None of the officers had answered their radios. When they didn't answer, my patrolling Officer, Adam Harris, was in the house. We armed up, following our office protocol, and went out. My client and his primary bodyguard at the time, were to stay hidden, and did. When we found the suspects holding two of the officers hostage, the now deceased pulled a gun when I told him to show me his hands. I pulled the trigger because my gun was aimed on the suspect."

"MY BABY BOY DIDN'T DESERVE TO BE SHOT, YOU RACIST MONSTER!" Someone, probably the mother, cried out at me.

"ORDER." The judge banged her mallet. "Mrs. Jameson, if you do not keep quiet, I will hold you in contempt." The judge glared her down.

"We also have video surveillance all over the property, which my client, Mr. Clairmont, has happily provided us." He handed the bailiff a USB full of the video footage.

"Thank you, Ms. Romera. The jury will review this. You may return to your seat." I ignored the death glares from the family. "The defendant is called to the stand." The now prisoner came up to the stands.

She's My Bodyguardजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें