Chapter 1

Just to let you guys know, my work is also on QUOTEV and fanfiction. Net, I think.

Eliza Dushku as Maze Pennyworth.

Maze POV

Maze POV

I didn't know how long I was out for. In some strange way, I wasn't really bothered what happened to me. In my mind, it was saying I deserved what I got. Another part of my mind was saying, it wasn't. My mind was going two ways and I didn't know which side to choose. Was I worth been helped by a complete stranger, or should the stranger left me to be beaten up by Stacy's new fling.

I had no parents to worry about me. My father left while my mother was pregnant. She blamed me for him leaving, and my brother was the golden child. My mother, well she walked out on us. She told me she needed a break, so she went on holiday with friends, she met someone in that week, and married. Now she has a baby boy. My brother, he only stuck around because of the money he was getting while I was in collage. He wasn't a dick, he just cared about money, gambling and women.

I slowly opened my eyes. I wasn't home. I was in the hospital. The walls were a off cream colour, not peeling or dirty. Limp curtains that can separate my bed from the others. At the far end of the room we're huge windows, in white metal frames that over looked many tall buildings. There wasn't a single person in this room, no cards or bright flowers near the patients beds.

I wasn't afraid of hospitals. It was the smell that made me feel sick. A strong smell of cleaning solution burned my nose. Also, I could faintly smell, patient's body odor, urine, feces and blood. In a weird way, or was it my imagination, I also could smell the hint of fear. Its hard to describe.

My face hurt like a bitch. I could tell without looking in a mirror, that my eyes, nose, cheeks and jaw were swollen. I knew my body was struggling to repair its self.

With shaky hands, my fingers gently brushed my face. I hissed, moving my hands away. My skin felt like a bubble.

I tried again, only my fingers brushed something wire. Stitches. My touch burned my eyes making them water. The stitches started from the bottom of my eyelids, down, just passed the apples of my cheeks. Whatever Stacy's boyfriend did, he has changed my life forever.

"Miss Pennyworth, your awake." A woman gasped.

Turning quickly to the voice. I gasped. There, stood in the doorway was Doctor Leslie Tompkins. She had curly, shoulder length dark brown hair. Almost black. She had a slim face, high cheekbones, button nose and thin lips.