Chapter 8

It's been a month since Jerome was sent to Arkham. I'm a weird way, I felt kind of lost.

On Gotham series, I loved Jerome's character, but in real life, he just amazes me.

Since he's been in Arkham, I've had phone calls, but no one talks. I can hear heavy breathing or a groan down the other end of the line.

Also I've been receiving, flowers, chocolates, wine and cards. They don't have the persons name on the gifts.

I've had poetry, the writing was messy, with child like drawing, I think it's from Jerome.

I've rang Arkham, but they only said that he sends one letter out. They also told me he has a male visitor once every week. They couldn't give me his name, part from the woman said he is attractive.

I haven't told Alfred or Bruce, I don't want them to panic. Only person I've told was Salina. She noticed something is wrong. I told her everything. She said she would keep a look out.

That was over a week ago. Letters kept on coming. Even I had a visiting order from Jerome. I put it to a side, I needed to know how he got my address.

The G.C.P.D have been more busy. Jim keeps an eye on Jonathan Crane, aka, Scarecrow, he's just been sent to Arkham.

I have became good friends with him. I paid him a visit while he was at the hospital. At first I was totally shitting myself, but them I remembered he isn't scarecrow yet.

He was more scared of me, but taking his hand, I distracted him from his fears. I just kept on talking. It worked, he always asked if I could visit the next day.

Jim is happy I'm helping, so are the doctors. Their tests are running more smoothly.

Then one stromy night, a friends of Alfred's come out of nowhere. Reggie Payne. Alfred was shocked at first, but he was happy that he had his old friend back. He told Alfred that the G.C.P.D had arrested him for attempting to sleep under Westbury Bridge. What a load of bullshit. No officer goes down that part.

Bruce been Bruce, he offered Reggie to stay as long as he needed. I wanted to tell Bruce, that he's been to Nice.

Whilse working on catching the red hood gang, Bruce told me that Reggie tried to train him. With more violence. Yes, I've seen the series, but to me it's just bang out of order. Pushing a little kid to keep on punching, trying to make bruce loose control. Reggie called it fighting tactics. Yeah, right. Even Alfred doesn't push us like that. Violence is not the answer.

Later that evening, we all sat in the kitchen. I will be joining the G.C.P.D proply in two months time.

I got the phone call from an over exited Harvey, who was almost shouting down the phone. He wanted to take me out for a drink, but I was underage. Harvey reply was screw them.

Alfred was so proud of me, he held back his tears. Bruce came into the kitchen with a bottle of red wine. Alfred allowed me to have a small glass.

Reggie started telling his war stories, taunting Alfred in front of me and Bruce.

I made an excuse to leave and I told Bruce it was getting late. I hugged Alfred, telling him that Reggie can go in the morning.

It wasn't long when me and Bruce heard shouting downstairs. I grabbed my gun, bruce followed close by. I gasped as we see Alfred laying on the floor, a knife stuck in his abdomen. Bruce rang the police and ambulance.

Three days after, I followed Bruce and Salina. They questioned Reggie. I heard Bruce tell Selina to throw his bag out of the window. Bruce tells Reggie that he is sick, that he needed help. Then I heard Bruce shout at Selina, I knew she pushed him out of the window. I felt happy about it, which shocked me.