Chapter 3

"I'm sorry about tonight." Jim said, as he walked towards us.

"You don't need to apologise Jim." I told Jim.

Lee smiled. "Best date ever. Who gets to see a circus brawl?" Lee chirped.

Jim sighs. "true. None of them will talk, of course. I still have no idea what those two were fighting over."

"I think they're rival lovers." Lee replies.

"their families have been fighting way back. Maybe, before I was born." I told them.

"But this particular fight was apparently over a woman named Lila." Lee told Jim.

Jim frowned. "Lila?"

"She's a snake dancer in the side show." I told him, putting my hands in my coat pockets as the weather started to get cold.

Jim raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Wow."

"I know. How cool is that? A snake dancer." Lee said with excitement. I chuckle.

"No, I mean, you two are good together." Jim says looking at me and Lee. "Maybe, you two should team up." he suggests.

I smiled at him. "well, you can thank Harvey."

"People talk to doctors." Lee replies.

"I guess so. I should find this Lila. Make sure she's okay. Might take a while. A patrolman will take you and Sarah home." Jim tells us.

I frown at him.

"oh, we could come with you." Lee suggests.

Jim sighs. "Lee, this is police business"

"And I'm still in training. Well police field work. I'm coming with you, no matter what. You can't keep pushing me on the side lines. Plus, if this Lila is hurt, you will have a doctor with you." I tell him with a harsh voice. It didn't sound like my voice. It sounded like someone else's.

I shivered.

" What Maze says. "Lee agrees. She turns to Jim and pokes her bottom lip out. I stiff a laugh." Come on, Jim. I'm dying to meet Lila. Heh."

"So am I." I speak up. I send Lee a wink.

"You just want to see her dead body." a harsh voice made me jump.

"Oh, no. Missy. You are going home, Alfred will have my head." Jim says, pointing his finger at me.

I pout. "I can't, Jim. Before the fight broke out, I was so close to remembering something. It was on the tip of my tongue."

"Maze told me, she felt like she had been here before." lee tels him.

"Well, the circus has been here for over two months. It might be something important." Jim replies.

"Could be. The person might of worked here, or passing through. Or Maze might of passed through and seen something." Lee says.

I frown and nod my head. She has a point. But no flashbacks.

"We could ask Bruce and my father later, if that helps." I tell them.

Jim nods. He looks defeated. "Well, bring along medical equipment. And Maze, your still on field work with Harvey. Remember-"

"To write everything down, file it at the station. And take finger prints and pictures and put it on system." I replied, finishing Jim sentence.

"Your going to make a great cop Miss. Pennyworth." Jim turns to the ring master.

"Sir, where's Lila?"